Best of Lisbon - S. Jorge Castle, Alfama, Baixa, Príncipe Real and Belém
The tour will begin at S. Jorge Castle, that was built in the mid-11th century at the top of the highest hill of Lisbon, which makes it the most perfect place to admire the amazing views of the city. The Archaeological Site and the collection of objects from the 7th century B.C. to the 18th century are the best starting point for this tour.
At the Castle is also possible to see the remnants of the Moorish era residential area, the ruins of the Royal Palace of the “Alcáçova” and the beautiful garden, that keeps the primary native species of Portuguese forest. Departure toward Alfama and get into the sounds, smells and beauty of the ancient alleyways. We will take you to visit the Roman Theatre, one of the most important monuments of Olisipo. Visit “S. Vicente de Fora” Church, that was built during the Renaissance period and was inspired in S. Peter’s Basilica, in Rome.
Discover the Art of Ceramic Tiles at the Tiles Museum, an amazing Museum with a great and unique collection of Portuguese tile panels. “Terreiro do Paço” is considered one of the most beautiful squares in the world, sunny and touched by the Tagus River. Appreciate the beauty of “Liberdade” Avenue, visit “Príncipe Real” and “Bairro Alto”, the trendy districts, and enjoy “Chiado”, the heart of the city. We will take you to some of Lisbon’s best viewpoints, where you will be able to appreciate Lisbon in all its beauty.
We will also take you on a visit to S. Roque Church, where some of Europe’s greatest treasures are kept. Discover Jeronimos’ Monastery, Lisbon’s ex-libris, and the “Manuelino”, the unique Portuguese 16th-century architectural style. At Belém district, we will offer you the most famous sweet gastronomic wonder, the “Pastel de Belém”.
The tour will end by the Tagus River, where you will have time to appreciate the medieval Belém Tower, a symbol of the Lisbon city and Portuguese nationality.
- Jerónimos Monastery.
- Nossa Senhora do Monte Belvedere.
- Visit to the Roman Theatre.
- Belém Tower.
- “Pastéis de Belém” tasting.
- Visit to S. Vicente de Fora Church.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- This tour is available Tuesdays to Sundays
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour.
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader).
- Tourist luxury vehicle.
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes).
- Roman Theatre Tickets.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal or Lisbon airport.
- “Pastéis de Belém” tasting.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Food and drinks unless specified.
- Entrance fees (Tickets: S. Jorge Castle 8.50€‚ Student and Senior 5€; Tile Museum 5€, Student and Senior 2.5€‚ S. Roque Museum 2.5€) .
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.