5 Hour Private Sacred Fatima Tour
We will take you from Lisbon on a half-day tour to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, the fourth biggest Catholic pilgrimage site in the world. Three young cousins, Francisco, Jacinta and Lúcia, aged 7, 9 and 12, were herding their family sheep at “Cova da Iria” when they witnessed the Apparition of the Virgin Mary for the first time, on May 13th of 1917. Before the Apparition of the Virgin Mary they already had witnessed the apparition of an angel in the small village of Valinhos, near the place where they lived.
The Apparitions of the Virgin Mary took place between May and October, on the 13th day of each month, during the year of 1917. On the last Apparition, the sixth, about fifty thousand pilgrims witnessed a miracle known as the “sun miracle”. By that time, the Sanctuary was already a place of faith and pilgrimage.
Built on the same place where the Apparitions took place, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima has the Chapel of the Apparitions, the great oak tree, near which the Apparitions occurred, a monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the great Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the modernist Basilica of the Holy Trinity. After visiting the entire shrine, we will take you to Valinhos, to visit the seers family houses and to know their story.
Come with us on this private tour and submerge yourself in sacred!
- Visit the sacred shrine & sanctuary
- Learn the fascinating story of the Fatima apparitions
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- All participants pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off from Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Entrance fees.
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities are not included.
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Our guide will meet you at 8:30am or at 3pm at the hotel lobby according to the scheduled time.