4 Hour Portuguese Golden Age Private Tour
You will know the Golden Age of Discoveries and its impact on the city of Lisbon, in a half day tour.
We will take you to experience a city that has a unique architecture, influenced by the Portuguese Maritime Discoveries.
Walk through the old neighbourhoods and enjoy the beauty of the ancient alleyways, full of memories.
Then, tour the city’s streets, comfortably in one of our vehicles. We will visit the iconic monuments built during the Golden Age of Discoveries, stopping off at some of the city’s most enjoyable belvederes.
Come with us on a visit to St. Jeronimo’s Chapel, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Lisbon’s ex-libris and the maximum exponent of Europe’s last gothic style, Baixa, Príncipe Real, Bairro Alto and Santa Catarina.
During the tour, you will visit the most beautiful monuments and will get to know how the Golden Age of Discoveries was important to European Art, to the Renaissance and to reveal the world’s map.
We will also take you to taste a sweet gastronomic wonder, the famous Pastel de Belém.
Finish your tour overlooking the Tagus river, from one of Lisbon belvederes.
- Santa Catarina Belvedere.
- Santa Catarina Church.
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos.
- Visit to Jerónimos Monastery.
- “Pastéis de Belém” tasting.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- This tour is available Tuesday to Sunday
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour.
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader).
- Tourist luxury vehicle.
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes).
- Pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal or Lisbon airport.
- Pastéis de Belém tasting.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Entrance fees.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.