Spectacular 1 Day Private Humantay Lake Tour from Cusco
Lake Humantay is a turquoise green natural resource and a sacred site to Andean people.
One day before the trek, we will have a spiritual moment with the local Shaman who will perform a beautiful blessing ceremony.
Hiking and or biking, you will see one of the most magnificent landscapes in Peru. The Humantay Lake altitude is 4250 m.a.s.l and this makes the unique weather and temperature in this area. The Humantay lake temperature can rise to 5º C during the day and at night drop down to 0º C.
We pick you up from your hotel or hostel at 4:00 a.m in our transport to go to Mollepata located north of Cusco, we will arrive in 2 hours approximately to this small town. We arrived at Mollepata and enjoy a delicious breakfast to start our adventure towards Humantay lake.
We will continue in our private transport for approximately 1 more hour until Soraypampa which is located at 3900 m.s.n.m. Our guide will give you some recommendations to start the trek to Humantay Lake located at 4200 m.s.n.m. Which is very close to the mountain Salkantay.
We hike to Humantay Lake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes; Enjoying the beautiful views of the snowy mountains Salkantay and Humantay. When we reach Laguna Humantay we will enjoy the beautiful turquoise lagoon. There you will take the best photos. Later you will enjoy a small snack watching the beautiful landscapes, continue the walk back to Soraypampa.
In Soraypampa, (optional) people will receive the bike and bicycle equipment and the necessary instructions from our guide so that they begin the adventurous return to Mollepata. In the afternoon we will arrive at Mollepata and enjoy a delicious lunch.
After lunch we return to Cusco in our private transport arriving around 7:00 p.m. We drop you at your hotel.
- Visit the most famous Lagoon in Peru
- Enjoy the beautiful Andean landscapes along the journey
- A touch of peace and tranquillity when you arrive
- Crystal water colors
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 12 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick up time: 4:00 a.m
- Easy CancellationAt the time of booking a non-refundable deposit of 50% is due in order to reserve your trek, and full payment is due 30 days prior to the beginning of the trek. In the case of a cancellation, Travel and Healing can provide a letter of explanation for your insurance provider if requested. If a reservation is made within a 30 day period of a trek or tour, the entire reservation must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private comfortable transport
- Breakfast, Snack and Lunch
- Professional and experienced Tour Guide
- Pick up and drop off from accommodations in Cusco
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- What you should bring:
- Personal Medicine.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Sun hat.
- Walking shoes or boots (waterproof).
- T-shirt and shorts.
- Rain poncho (or rain jacket).
- A jacket or fleece.
- Small backpack.