Historical Jewish Cultural Quarter Guided Tour in Amsterdam
From the centuries XVI and XVII, the European Jerusalem by ample freedom of cult that exerted within its limits.
Amsterdam hosts much of the Jewish population expelled to different parts of Europe for religious reasons.
On a route through the old Jewish quarter, which will not take you more than a couple of hours, the traveller can enjoy the various points of interest in the area and even has the opportunity, if you wish, to visit the many interiors of the main monuments with a single ticket.
The so-called Jewish Cultural Quarter ticket includes the Jewish Historical Museum, the JHM Children’s Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue or the National Holocaust Memorial.
From Waterlooplein, where the Spinoza monument to the Amsterdam Zoo, site of the National Holocaust Memorial, and from the Hermitage area of Amsterdam to the location of The Shadow Canal Monument, to the Nieuwe Herengracht canal,
Where we will find the Impressive Portuguese Synagogue, during the tour of the Jewish cultural district covers more than 45 points of interest related to the culture of the Jewish community of the city.
Our independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for the group!
- Pay your respects at the Holocaust Memorial
- Tour the Rembrand House
- Walk the streets of the Old Jewish Quarter
- Nieuwmarkt (New Market)
- Visit Waterlooplein
- Tour the Rembrand House
- Visit Statue of Espinoza
- Visit The Jewish Museum with many treasures
- Visit The Portuguese Synagogue
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Min 4 - Max 15 adults per booking
- Tour duration 2-3 hours
- Available all year round
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceHotel within the city centre
- Easy CancellationCancellation more than a week in advance: administration costs of 15%. Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount. Cancellation less than 48 hours: no refund
- Guided tour with English speaking guide
- Visiting many Historical sites
- Tips and gratuities
- Any food & drinks not specified under “Inclusions”
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional: Ticket of Jewish Cultural Quarter (15 € Adults | 7,50 € Junior -13 to 17- | 3,75 € children -6 to 12-)
- Price: 30 eur/person. MIN 100 EUR
- Please note: The tour involves some walking