Amsterdam Private Chocolate Day
AMSTERDAM IS HOME TO SOME OF THE FINEST ARTISAN CHOCOLATE SHOPS IN THE WORLD. JOIN US ON AN AMSTERDAM CHOCOLATE DAY TO DISCOVER THESE DELICIOUS SWEET SHOPS!
Our 3 hour Amsterdam Chocolate Day tour will begin with you meeting your guide. They will give you a brief talk on the history of chocolate in Amsterdam. Your guide will be able to answer all of your questions and will be experienced and passionate about Amsterdam chocolate! You will visit 3 different chocolate shops that are among the best in the city.
At two of these shops, the group will be offered free samples of chocolate. At one, you can try a workshop that gives you the chance to see how chocolate is made here in Amsterdam! The tour ends in a cosy venue where you will be treated to a hot drink and given the chance to try your samples.
It’s a little-known fact that Amsterdam is one of the greatest destinations in Europe for chocolate lovers. But it’s true! Every day is an Amsterdam Chocolate Day here in the city. Cities such as Brussels or Paris often overshadow Amsterdam’s chocolatiers. Amsterdam’s delightful chocolate shops are almost a secret! Cocoa was first introduced to Europe in the sixteenth century. Considered a rare delicacy, it was typically served in European Royal courts.
Today Amsterdam is the main global port for cocoa! Since the nineteenth-century chocolate became increasingly cheaper, and as a result wildly popular. But we all know that already – after all, who doesn’t love chocolate?
- Hear the history of chocolate in Amsterdam
- Visit 3 different chocolate havens in the city
- Taste delicious free samples
- Try a chocolate workshop and create your own
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available daily on request
- A minimum of 6 people per booking
- Easy CancellationThe following charges will apply where you either cancel or are deemed to have cancelled the travel arrangements: (a) no charge will arise where cancellation occurs prior to the issue of the invoice email; (b) once the invoice email has been issued, the cancellation will render you liable to a charge of 25% of the total cost of the travel arrangement cancelled. This will increase to 100% if cancellation occurs either within 7 days of your scheduled arrival or anytime following your arrival at your holiday destination. Tickets for museums and other attractions/activities are non-refundable after purchase. Please ask your booking agent before booking an event if this is the case.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional Tour guide
- Visit 3 artisan chocolate shops
- Chocolate tasting (twice)
- One workshop
- A hot drink (coffee or tea)
- Personal expenses
- Transport to and from the meeting point
- Where an activity cannot be provided due to circumstances beyond Kennedy’s control, such as adverse weather, closure of licensed premises or where an activity supplier has ceased to trade and a suitable alternative cannot be offered, a full refund for that activity will be provided.
- Please bring all relevant documentation with you to your departure point, including your voucher.