Amsterdam Maritime Museum
Discover How Dutch Sailors Explored the World and How the Netherlands Became the Premier Naval Power of the World.
The Amsterdam Maritime Museum Is Housed in the Lands Zeemagazijn.
This Impressive Historic Building Was Designed by Daniel Stalpaert and Built-in 1656.
In addition to Being a Spectacular Venue, the Zeemagazin Is a Former Magazine and So Uniquely Appropriate Venue for the Museum.
Moored outside the Maritime Museum is the Amsterdam a replica of a trade ship from the Dutch Golden Age.
Explore the living quarters of the sailors who sailed to distant lands, traded for precious goods and fought great sea battles.
The Maritime Museum’s collection is dedicated to naval and maritime history.
It contains a huge collection of items from the golden age of Dutch sailing.
These include scale models, weapons and a huge collection of world maps.
These include a number of maps by famed 17th-century cartographers, such as Willem Blaeu.
In addition, the museum holds a surviving copy of the first edition of Maximilian Trenasylvanus work De Moluccis Insulis,
This interesting book is an account of Ferdinand Magellan’s voyage around the world!
- Find out how the Dutch explored the globe at the Amsterdam maritime museum
- The sheep part maritime museum holds a vast collection of naval artefacts
- Step aboard an incredible replica trading ship
- Learn how Amsterdam became the city at the center of the world
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThe following charges will apply where you either cancel or are deemed to have cancelled the travel arrangements: (a) no charge will arise where cancellation occurs prior or 24 hours after issuing the confirmation invoice; (b) once the invoice email has been issued, the cancellation will render you liable to a charge of 25% of the total cost of the travel arrangement cancelled. This will increase to 100% if cancellation occurs either within 7 days of your scheduled arrival or anytime following your arrival at your holiday destination.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Maritime Museum tickets
- We recommend booking this activity 24 hours in advance.
- Please bring all relevant documentation with you to the museum, including your ticket and voucher.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1