Mardi Himal Trek from Kathmandu for Up to 11 Days
Trekkers will find this exuberant detour in the surprising place of Annapurna region.
The new and most promising trekking route with the varieties of the adventurous spots as well as sceneries in a tranquil environment makes Mardi Himal Trek one of the most beautiful off the beaten trekking trails.
The alluring journey starts similar to that of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek or Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek from Pokhara. This beautiful lake city is the embarking point of Mardi Himal Trek.
The chance to excavate the scenic beauty of the secluded sector of the Annapurna series and pristine mountain madness are the major highlights of this trek in Nepal. Moreover, the rest of the places like Forest Camp, Low Camp and High Camp provides the stupendous moment of living up in the Himalayas.
These places lacked the proper tea houses before. However, lots of the lodges and hotels are present nowadays offering great accommodation and food for the trekkers. Even in these days, the number of the trekkers going to this place has increased, but the tranquillity and serenity are always intact in this part of Annapurna region trekking in Nepal.
While you are in the high camp, a mountaineering feeling can be savoured. The further you trek the more you will be obliged by the splendid view of mountains.
On your return from the trek following the trails of villages like Kalimati, Sidding and Lumre you can observe the culture of Brahmins and Gurung community of people.
- Panoramic view of the Annapurna Mountain series
- Short Walking Hours
- Brahmin, Chhetri and Gurung Culture
- Forest Camp, Low Camp and High Camp
- Secluded and Tranquil Region of Annapurna Trekking
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French
- Duration: 7 to 11 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick up from Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- All necessary paper works; trekking
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All meals during trek
- Guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountain
- All the transfers/airport pick up drop
- Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Back. Optional: fight/Private Vehicle.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Entrance fee in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
Our Airport representatives will be at Airport to pick you up and transfer to the hotel.
The trip details will be discussed and all your documents (TIMS, Permits) will be finalized. The introductory session will be carried out with the trekking guides and crew members.
An early morning bus drive will take you to Pokhara (910m) in about six hours of time.
The highway is an excellent place to understand the different lifestyle of the people as well.
The rivers, forests and the towns on the way will be very fascinating. You can enjoy the boating and roaming around the sumptuous Lakeside after checking in at hotel.
The bus or the private car hired by us will take you to the Phedi from where the trekking begins.
The first camp in the trekking is the village of Pothana (1,925m).
Guides will brief you further about the next day’s trekking route and things to do as well as don’t do’s during evening briefing.
The trail of the Annapurna Sanctuary will be left behind and take the most serene yet tranquil path of the Mardi Himal Trek towards the Forest Camp at Kokar (2,600m).
The flora and fauna mainly of the oak, hemlock, maple and rhododendron are present on the route.
The accommodation in this place will be similar to that of the home stay without having any commercial dining rooms.
You can interact with the family and know about the community culture and traditions too.
Today there is 4 hours walking
During snow season the trail might be covered by the snow. However, the experienced guides will safely guide you towards low camp (3,150m).
The vegetations like ferns, lichen, moss attached on the trees are photographer’s and botanist’s paradise.
The view of the valley and Mount Fishtail is awesome from the hotel’s room or dining room.
Today there is 5 hours walking.
The route beyond the Low Camp the trail leaves the tree line and there follows the splendid view of the mountains like Annapurna South, Himchuli, Gangapurna and other of the Annapurna Himalayan range.
The spacious hotels and rooms can be found in the High Camp (3,600m) as compared to the low camp.
Today there is 4 hours walking.
It’s sunrise view day with a walk to Upper View Point (4,200m). The trail along the rhododendron scattered bushes and pheasant (danphe) as well as the Himalayan caravan of the yak, dzokpa etc.
The scenes of the Annapurna Sanctuary, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre and the southern part of the Annapurna are spectacular.
Total hours of walking is 4 hours.
We take the different trail while returning to Pokhara from Low Camp.
The journey will be towards the village of Siding (1,750m) which is very cultural and traditional rural community of the region. You can have the experience of staying in one of the houses of the locals.
By doing so the close observation of locals’ culture and tradition is possible.
Total walking time of 6 hours.
From Siding the trekking journey heads to the village of Lumre.
It is the last village before a private vehicle arranged by us takes you to a hotel in Pokhara.
On the way to Lumre the villages like Ghalel and Kalimati where most of the dwellers are either Brahmin or Gurung can be observed. During evening you can enjoy the clamor of the Lakeside Pokhara.
(3 hours walking and 2 hours driving)
The amazing hilly highway bus drive of about 7 hours will take you back to Kathmandu.
The evening will be the farewell dinner organized by the company.
We will drop you to the airport where our representatives will bid you farewell for the departure.
A private vehicle will be arranged for your transfer from hotel to airport.
- Warm Clothes and Gears should be appropriate