Half Day Pashupatinath and Boudhanath Tour
On this 4-hour private tour, visit two of the most significant temples in Nepal. Pashupatinath Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Monument, is considered to be the holiest Hindu pilgrimage place in Nepal.
Although only Hindus are allowed inside the temple, visitors can clearly see the temple and the activities performed in the temple premises from the eastern bank of the Bagmati river. Also visit Boudhanath Temple, which has become one of the most important centres of Tibetan Buddhism.
Today it remains an important place of pilgrimage and meditation for Tibetan Buddhists and local Nepalis and is a popular tourist site. At 09;30 am (or your requested departure time), you will be picked up from your hotel or from Kathmandu airport to begin your tour.
Your first stop will be Pashupatinath Temple, the most sacred of the Hindu temples in Nepal dedicated to Lord Shiva. Pashupatinath has received the attention of worshippers for at least fifteen hundred years. Dedicated to Shiva the Lord of Destruction, the temple is situated on the banks of the Bagmati River.
A circuit of the Pashupatinath area takes visitors past a sixth-century statue of the Buddha, an eighth-century statue of Brahma the Creator freshly painted skeletal images guarding temple gates, and other magnificent temples dedicates to various deities in the complex. Near Pashupatinath is another historic and holy temple of Guhyeshwari.
Only Hindus are allowed to enter the temple courtyard. Your last stop will be Boudhanath Temple (or Bodnath Stupa). This is the largest stupa in Nepal, which lies a further 2 km north from Pashupatinath Temple.
It is also considered to be the holiest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside Tibet. It is the centre of Tibetan culture in Kathmandu and rich in Buddhist symbolism. The stupa is located in the town of Boudha, on the eastern outskirts of Kathmandu. Learn about the many symbolism in the stupa's architecture.
- • Visit one of the most holiest shrine of Hindu
- • Small group ensures personal service
- • Instant Confirmation
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Children 0-2 (Without car seat) are free of charge
- Children 2-11 pay the adult rate
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 4 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel/ Airport pick up/ Drop Services
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Mineral water during sightseeing.
- Monument Entrance Fees at all places as per the Itinerary.
- English speaking guide for sightseeing tour
- Using A/c private Vehicle for sightseeing tour.
- Tips and Gratuities
- Extra Transport services
- Travel insurance
- Any food and Drinks
- Wear light clothing.