21 Days Island Peak Climbing from Kathmandu
0 / 5 total 0 reviews
Duration: 21 days
Product code: 2021
Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft), also known as Imja Tse, is a popular trekking-peak located in the Khumbu region of Nepal. It can be one of the most popular destinations for adventure enthusiasts. Starting from Lukla, the trek passes through numerous Sherpa villages, offering majestic views of high mountains of the region. Nuptse (7,879m/25,849ft), Lhotse (8,501m/27,890ft), Lhotse middle peak (8,410m/27,562ft), makes a semi circle in the north. The view of Makalu (8475m/27,805ft) in the east, Baruntse and Ama Dablam in the south adds more charm to the trek. Sagarmatha National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site) can be a great Eco-destination in the region, which is famous for its exotic Himalayan wildlife of musk dear, mountain goats, colorful Pheasants, Red Panda and Snow Leopard. Pine and birch tree primarily makes the forest here, and the rhododendrons hanging onto the stone-cold cliffs add color to it. Populated mainly by Buddhist inhabitants, you can find many monasteries scattered in the region. Island peak climbing can be one of the most extraordinary trekking-climbing experiences in the world. Sample day on "Island Peak Climbing" All your treks are managed by a team of professionally trained Leader/guide responsible for all aspects of the running of the trek. Your day start with a cup of hot tea served in your room. A member of the trekking staff followed by a bowl of hot washing water, after which you will be required to pack your luggage and the porters loaded whilst we are having breakfast. After breakfast we set off on the trail, enjoying the pleasant cool of the morning. Your day's trek involves navigating numerous picturesque forests, hills, mountains and the local villages for the next three hours. Around mid-day we usually stop for a pleasant spot along the way for lunch. Your midday lunch break usually lasts around an hour and is a time to relax, pop the boots off and air those feet! Plenty of time is allowed for photograph in the route. After lunch you'll walk another three hours or so, before you stop for the night. You have enough time to change, freshen up, before exploring an area. Each evening is spent as per your interest for reading or chatting with the fellow trekkers and crew members or a pack of cards is an advantage; the crew love teaching various Nepali card games and learning new Western games. Our porters and Sherpa's also like to have singing and dancing competitions in which they love you to join in! Finally, it's off to bed for a well deserved night's rest before you start it all again.
- Glacial walk over Khumbu Glacier
- Kalapattar for the whole view of Everest
- Highland monasteries, the sacred maniwalls engraved with Buddhist prayers, colorful prayer flags
- Views of deep Dudh Koshi River Valley blended with the lush vegetation of Sagarmatha National Park
- The warm hospitality of the families of inborn mountaineers
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Sagarmatha National Park
Good to Know
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 21 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceAirport pick-up and drop-off service from Kathmandu
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Certificate for Trek Completion
- Insurance for Guide/Porter
- Trek Guide
- First Aid
- Entry fee for the national parks
- Island Peak Climbing Permit
- Trekking Permit (TIMS)
- Domestic Flight/Transportation
- Accommodation and Meals (Meals other than those mentioned in Itinerary, Welcome and Farewell are excluded)
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- Insurance coverage
- Personal expenses
- Trekking & Climbing Equipment’s
- Additional Excursions (Applicable to those not mentioned in Itinerary)
- International Flight
Pickup and Drop-off
Know Before You Go
- The necessary Kits Bags, Sleeping bags are required for this trip. You can hire in Kathmandu or we will provide you with all logistics
- Teahouses are very basic during the trek might not match international standards
- if you want heli rescue in the state of flight cancellation to/from Lukla-we can organize it as per your request.
- Because of bad weather we could face problem of domestic flights to/from Lukla delayed by few hours or canceled for a day or more. Very rarely, but it could happen even in best trekking season also as you know how climate changes effecting our globe.
- Make sure that you are familiar with climbing equipment, ask us to provide you with a complete equipment list
- Do your Homework about symptoms, prevention and cure about high altitude sickness if not we will assist you anyway
- You can obtain A Nepal entry visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Two passport size photos are required for your visa application make sure you come up with scan of photos
- Insurance: medical and emergency evacuation is must for high altitude trekking and climbing above 6000 meter elevation
Add new review