14 Days Private Gokyo Lake Trek
Take a trail similar to Everest Base Camp Trekking until Namche Bazaar. From Lukla to Namche, the acclimatisation activities are similar to all Everest region trekking.
Once trekkers trek via Kyangjuma the trail takes left turn leaving the Tengboche trail towards Machhermo. The view of Amadablam and Cholatse, as well as Tabuche, is usual until trekkers reach Dole.
From Dole onwards distant view of Choyou Mountain and close view of Cholatse acts as a traveling companion. The green lush forest of rhododendron starts to disappear as trekkers trek upwards.
Among six official and other numerous lakes involved in Gokyo Lake System the first lake appears after crossing a beautiful bridge over Dudhkoshi River.
Following the second lake, the final destination appears on the shores of third Gokyo Lake.
Trekkers enjoy the sunset or sunrise from Gokyo Ri. The majestic view of mountains like Choyou, Pumori, Nuptse, Lhotse, Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku and others, glow under the sun rays and absolutely hypnotise trekkers.
Taking the same route trekkers return back to Lukla for flight to Kathmandu.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking is also one of the most comfortable trekking routes in Everest region.
- Avoid the Everest crowds, but enjoy the selection of great views
- Hike along Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in the Himalaya
- Trek through the Sherpa town of Khumjung, home of a ‘real’ yeti skull
- Pick up and drop off from Kathmandu International Airport
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 10 to 18 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick Up from Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- First aid kit
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in typical Traditional Nepali restaurant
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staffs
- Flight fare Kathmandu to lukla and lukla to kathmandu
- TIMS(Trekking Information Management System )
- Trekking permit of National park,
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks if required,
- Breakfast,accommodation during the trekking and Kathmandu following itinerary
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter (Two participant=1 porter =Maximum 25 kg of luggage )
- Airport pick-up and drop off service ,
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company
- Nepal Visa fee
- Tips for guide and porter
- Travel insurance
- Lunch dinner Drinks, beverages, hot shower,
- Personal expenses
- Meals & hotel accommodation in Kathmandu outside of Itinerary
Upon your arrival time, a representative from Nepal Trekking Routes will be at Kathmandu International Airport [TIA] to welcome and receive you.
You will then be escorted to your hotel where you can refresh and relax.
In the evening a welcome dinner program will be organized at a Nepali restaurant. Overnight in Kathmandu.
After enjoying morning breakfast, you will be picked up by your guide from the hotel and taken around Kathmandu for sightseeing.
You will visit world heritage monuments such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambunat and Bouddhanath.
In the evening, our trekking guide will conduct a briefing about the trekking program before dinner. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Wake up early today to catch a mountain flight to Lukla, the gateway to Mt. Everest. Unload your rucksacks and start trekking towards Phakding.
Enroute you will pass through pine and oak forests with occasional chirping sound of birds.
Overnight in Phakding.
Have a warm breakfast and take in the crispy air.
The trail leaving Phakding parallels the Dudkhosi River alongside the forested hills.
Crossing the suspension bridge over the confluence of Bhotekoshi and Dudhkoshi allows for the first glimpse of Everest and other peaks.
The last segment of this fairly uphill trek will allow you to reach Namche Bazar.
Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Today is acclimatization day. You will spend exploring and learning about the sights and sounds of Namche Bazaar.
Or alternatively you can hike up to Everest View Hotel, one of world’s highest hotels to capture an amazing panorama of Mahalangur Himalayan ranges including Everest, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Choaltse and so forth.
Afterwards return to Namche and spend evening in cozy Namche cafes or pubs. Overnight in Namche.
The walk from Namche Bazaar to Phortse is a short one. You will pass through boulders carrying Buddhist mantra on your way to the village of Khumjung.
The trail slightly goes downhill up to Dudhkosi valley beyond which is Phortse.
Phortse offers beautiful views of Kangtewa and Thamserku.
Overnight in Phortse Thanga.
Memorable as it is, Phortse to Machermo offers you the first glimpses of Mt. Cho Oyu (8153m).
The trail is naturally blessed with rhododendron and juniper forests and high pastures.
You will come across the small village of Dole before making it to Machermo.
Overnight in Machermo.
All the trekking before builds you up for today. You will follow the trail of moraines that trails down Ngozumpa Glacier with sightings of small lakes here and there. Gokyo 4,750m) with its Gokyo Lake holds any visitor in awe and inspiration.
Overnight in Gokyo.
Today is a go-easy day as you will spend time exploring the Gokyo lakes around.
If you are willing, you can make a quick climbing of Gokyo Ri (5350m), which offers beautiful views of Cho Oyu, Gyachung Kang, Lhotse, Makalu, cholatse and Tawache peaks.
Overnight in Gokyo.
Today you will start your return journey by returning to Dole. Overnight in Dole.
After breakfast we will work to Khumjung, Khumjung is the largest settlement village in the Sherpa land where you will have the chance to see real Sherpas’ lifestyle and their cultural activities.
The village also has a high school which is funded by Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation and an old monastery where they have preserved famous Yeti skull.
Retrace your steps back to Lukla via Namche.
Overnight in Lukla
Catch an early morning flight back to Kathmandu. Once in Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Depending on the time of your departure, our representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Please keep your travel company email, contact number and Company name
- Warm Clothes and Gears should be appropriate
- Get Travel Insurance as it is high altitude trekking
- Climate of Lukla is unpredictable and Flight Cancellation might occur unfortunately
- We ensure that our clients needs are met all through the whole travel process from beginning to end
- Travel Visas are available upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport
- We strongly recommend a complete travel insurance package
- Before your trek in Nepal, learn all about Altitude Sickness and the safety measures to avoid it
- Down Jackets and Sleeping Bags supplied but it is recommended you bring your own
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1