Sahara, Camels and Atlas Mountains private Tour from Marrakech in 3 Days
From day this Sahara and Atlas Mountains tour from Marrakesh is a thrilling and exciting combination of tours, attractions and activities. Visit movie studios and see where movies like The Mummy and Gladiator were filmed and most recently The Game of Thrones.
You will see the stunning and unique mountain scenery and be captivated by the diverse landscapes of stunning Morocco. Private tours to Erg Chebbi the largest dune in Morocco are a highlight and enjoyed by all tourists visiting this famous region.
The Sahara desert portion of this tour is terrific you can lay at the outdoor pool of the Desert Camp Hotel and enjoy the many available sightseeing tours. See below the detailed itinerary below for more details.
- Berber market, souks and souvenirs
- The largest sand dune in Morocco called Erg Chebbi in Merzouga
- Spicy Berber foods
- Atlas mountains, canyons and valleys
- Camel trekking or 4x4 in Sahara
- Original Berber camp in Sahara Desert
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Min 2 - Max 6 people per booking
- We arrange also longer multi-day tours or short day trips and guided city tours
- Personal wishes are taken into account
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up servicePick-up at your hotel
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance to the Movie Studios in Ouarzazate
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- Private transport with A/C
- Private multi-lingual guide and driver
- 1 night in the Sahara Desert camp
- 1 night in a hotel with swimming pool in Merzouga
- Camel Trekking
- Coffee, tea and drinks
We start early at 8 am at your hotel in Marrakesh. In Ouarzazate, you will get an access to real movie Studios. Have you ever wondered how would it be in the cast of a Hollywood movie?
The Ouarzazate area is a noted film-making location, with Morocco's biggest studios inviting many international companies to work here. Films such as The Last Temptation of Christ (1988), The Mummy (1999), Gladiator (2000), Hanna (2011), were shot here, as was part of the TV series Game of Thrones.
Way to Merzouga is quite long but the mountain scenery gets just more and more stunning. You will me amazed how diverse landscapes Morocco has to hold. In the evening we will arrive to Merzouga just next to the largest sand dune in Morocco called Erg Chebbi.
Now is time to relax in the quite of the hotel and enjoy delicious local foods.
Merzouga - Rissani - Sahara Desert Camp Hotel is equipped with outdoor swimming pool to escape the heat of Sahara. Before sunbathing we visit the nearby Berber Village of Rissani to experience the intense feeling of an original marketplace for spices, dates, traditional clothes and goat skins. Rissani is the ancient capital of Tafilalet.
It was on the direct caravan route from the Niger river to Tangier, and attained a considerable degree of prosperity. Its location as a crossroads between north and south gave the city a certain importance in previous times. Rissani still remains a major commercial center in the region.
To see the amazing sunset in the desert camels will leave well in advance. After one hour of camel trekking, we will arrive in the desert camp in the middle of the sand wilderness.
You may try sandboarding and dance with the nomad Berbers in the rythm of traditional drum music around the bonfire. Be amazed how tasty is original Saharan food. You can choose to sleep comfortably in the tent or bring a mattress on the dune.
There is nothing more special than lay comfortably under the thousands of starts and immerse yourself in thoughts. Ask also special services like Sahara desert camp by 4x4 car or a squad bike.
Sahara Desert Camp - Gorges Toudgha - Marrakech Is time to wake up early to be on the camels when the sun rises above the desert to bring back the heat.
Back to the hotel, you can have a refreshing shower to clean out the sand. Breakfast is served at the hotel. The Todgha Gorges are a series of limestone river canyons, or wadi, in the eastern part of the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco, near the town of Tinghir.
Both the Todgha and neighbouring Dades Rivers are responsible for carving out these deep cliff-sided canyons, on their final 40 kilometres through the mountains. The last 600 metres of the Todgha gorge are the most spectacular.
Here the canyon narrows to a flat stony track, in places as little as 10 metres wide, with sheer and smooth rock walls up to 160 metres high on each side. Gorges Tougha and Tinghir are excellent places to do hiking in the valleys or in the mountains.
There is also a silver mine just nearby so Tinghir is a good place to buy good quality Moroccan jewelry for cheap price. In the evening between 7-8pm we will back in Marrakesh and drop you at your hotel.
- Please, it is kind to give a small tip for the driver if you feel satisfied and safe with him/her
- Remember warm clothing as the nights in Sahara can be cold especially in the winter