Private Day Trip from Marrakech to Ouzoud Waterfalls With Lunch and Boat Ride
The Ouzoud waterfalls day trip is held as one of the most popular excursions from Marrakesh. Situated 170 km from Marrakesh & being 2 and a half-hour drive away from the loud crowded city, it’s the perfect place tourist the clean air and the lush greenery of nature.
The Ouzoud waterfall cascades are the highest in all of Morocco plunging more than 120 meters only a short distance from Azilal, making the area one of the most beautiful in Central High Atlas.
To reach the waterfalls, we will be passing through the small Ouzoud Village, with its many souvenir stalls offering eye-catching souvenirs to take back home and staircases lined be pleasant cafes. Not to mention, that the waterfalls are visible directly from the village.
For the more adventurous, there is a tougher but more rewarding wild terrain if you have the proper attire (heavy comfortable clothing & hiking shoes): the scenes are more unique: green trees and bushes as wide as the eye can see forming a natural fence to the rocky watersides.
We are also more likely to encounter the friendly inhabitants of this area: the playful tailless macaque monkeys (seen performing around the square of Marrakesh) in their natural habitats roaming freely and we will get to feed them & photograph them up close. Observing these creatures in the wild is always a delight.
Reaching the Ouzoud waterfalls you will have a chance to swim or enjoy a boat ride across Ouzoud River. Note that boat rides in Ouzoud waterfalls are of little practical use as the river is easily crossable, however, it is one of the most pleasant and calming activities you can carry out there.
Our suggestion is to enjoy the pleasant scene, imagine the roaring 300 foot (100 meters) tall waterfall and its natural pool surrounded by trees decorating the rough terrain and crowned by the permanent rainbow, a scene not to be missed. All these activities truly make a day trip from Marrakesh to Ouzoud waterfalls a very rewarding experience.
- A one of a kind meal at the local restaurant hidden in the olive groves overlooking the whole valley.
- Encountering the wild, friendly, playful macaque monkeys.
- A hike up to the top of the waterfalls from the base
- The Majestic waterfalls crowned by a permanent rainbow
- Breathtaking scenery on the way to the waterfall
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 11 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up & drop off directly from your hotel/riad in Marrakech
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour
- A hike to the cascades accompanied by a local tour guide
- Lunch at the local restaurant overlooking the valley
- Free time to explore the area
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time