Private Day Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley With Lunch
The Ourika valley Day trip from Marrakech is a popular choice among tourists. Its proximity to the towering scenic Atlas Mountains and its inhabitants that have successfully preserved their customs for thousands of years.
Situated one and a half hours from Marrakech on the beds of the Ourika River you will get to enjoy the beautiful green hills and experience the weekly markets held every Monday in Ourika village.
Your Ourika valley day trip from Marrakech starts at 09:00 am from your accommodation in Marrakech. During our day trip from Marrakesh to Atlas Mountain, we will come across the green fields of Ourika valley, consisting of a succession of neighbouring mountain villages inhabited by Berber.
Our first detour is a traditional Berber family house. Our hospitable guests will offer us tea and a famous local breakfast of bread, olive oil, honey, & butter, they will also introduce us to the ancient simple aspects of Berber lives.
We will tour their houses, meet their families, and learn about their daily habits as you accompany our tour guide Afterwards, we trek onwards to a sensational Moroccan weekend destination, Setti Fatma. Setti Fatma is the origin of the 7 waterfalls that make up Ourika River and its bedside still harbours medieval agricultural traditions to this day.
Our local guide is taking us to the first of these 7 waterfalls (proper hiking shoes & heavy comfortable clothing are highly recommended). Along the 45 min hike, we will climb rough terrain, cross bridges over the running river and once we reach the base of the waterfall, we’ll get the chance to enjoy the pond and all the greenery surrounding it.
When done with the hike, we will rest at a beautiful riverside restaurant overlooking the mountain to enjoy the famous local cuisine. Our excursion from Marrakesh to Ourika valley & Atlas Mountain concludes around 05:00 PM.
- A guided hike to the first of the seven waterfalls
- Lunch in the riverside local restaurant
- Exploring the weekly Berber market held every Mon & Thurs
- Visiting the native berber villages & houses at the hill side
- Scenic view of the Ourika valley in the Atlas Mountains
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- To book this tour, a minimum of a group of 4 is required.
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Free time to explore the area
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in riverside
- A hike to the cascades accompanied by a local tour guide
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Pick up & drop off directly from your hotel/riad in Marrakech
- Personal expenses
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Please bring Comfortable walking shoes are recommended