Private Day Trip from Marrakech to Essaouira With Lunch
Introducing the beautiful coastal town of Essaouira famous for its blue wooden boats that occupy its fishing port & its citadel. The town is situated 176 km west of Marrakech & the Day trip from Marrakech takes about two and a half hours.
Essaouira (formerly called Mogador) is listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site and is famous for holding the renowned Gnaoua music festival annually in June providing a strong incentive to reserve Essaouira day tours.
The Essaouira day trip from Marrakech begins by the arrival of the dedicated driver at 8 am for pick up. Along the way, we will get to enjoy the scenic landscapes of the countryside followed by a small detour to one of the Argan oil Cooperatives the area is famous for.
There, the hardworking ladies of the Argan cooperatives will introduce you to the complete experience of processing Argan oil (that’s is known for its impressive nutritional value and rarity) from collecting nuts to harvesting their seeds and cold pressing them to finally incorporating the extract in a variety of products from cosmetics to delicious food.
The hospitable ladies will also offer us a local meal of fresh bread, oil, honey and different nuts a delicacy of the area. Arriving in Essaouira, we will have a full day to explore the medina (old city), give yourself the chance to get lost in the city, stroll in its narrow stone-walled alleyways to discover all the crafts shops famous for their unique wood carving styles and all the local art galleries, and observe the French and Portuguese architecture.
Visit the harbour by the beach. The area there is perfect for windsurfing & kitesurfing and is a great chance to meet the locals and talk to them. Marvel at the old citadel & get cultured about Moroccan Islamic history at Sidi Mohammed ben Abdallah Museum, and of course, don’t miss the chance to taste the local cuisine by the port. Our Day trip to Essaouira ends at 7 pm.
- Visiting the various museums & seeing the citadel
- Experiencing the cuisine
- Relaxing by the beach
- Exploring the heritage site at your leisure
- Visiting the traditional port
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 11 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 people is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up & drop off directly from your hotel/riad in Marrakech
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour
- Typical Lunch (Fish), in a local restaurant in Essaouira
- Free time to explore Essaouira medina
- Gratuities (optional)
- The visit takes place on foot in the old town
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.