Private Berber Village Experience With Cooking Class
We will prepare our dishes in a family home in Tassa Ouirgane, a Berber village in the mountains at the entrance of the Toubkal National Park, about 65 km drive south of Marrakech. We also will have the opportunity to learn how to make bread the traditional way and attend a tea ceremony.
To come to Tassa Ouirgane, from Ouirgane or Marigha Times will be adapted in case we will pick you up in Marrakech, mules are waiting for us in Marigha and will carry us up to the village in about 1 ½ hours.
After lunch we will start our way back to Marigha, walking in the gardens and we will visit the wheat mill in the village. On Saturdays and Tuesdays, there is also the possibility to buy all fresh ingredients we will need for cooking at the weekly Berber market in Asni or Tahanaout, where all people from the mountains in this area come to meet, talk, see a doctor and to do the shopping for the family.
In this case, the car will take us directly to Tassa Ouirgane 1250 metre altitude after the stopover in Asni or Tahanaout. The way back from Tassa Ouirgane to Marigha Ouirgane or Marrakech will be as described above.
- Visit the Berber village and see the culture up close
- Get the Berber Experience and take part in a traditional cooking class
- See Toubkal National park
- Mingle with the local Berber people
- Explore the Berber local market on Saturday
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Arabic
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour operates daily
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop off at your accommodation. Pick up is at 9:00 am if you are staying the area or 8:00 am from Marrakesh.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Local guide
- Water for the walk
- English speaking driver
- Air-conditioned private vehicle (4×4 or minivan)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- We recommend you bring the following for your journey: Comfortable, light clothing, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Return time will be around 17:00 pm - 18:30 pm for the return to Marrakech.