Private 3 Day Desert Tour From Marrakech To Merzouga & Erg Chebbi Dunes
Merzouga desert is the most visited destination in Morocco for Camel trekking and desert camps. To experience the Sahara Desert tour, you have to be ready to take a camel trip that takes approximately 2 hours through wonderful sand dunes.
At sunset and stay overnight in a Berber tent or in a luxury camp where you will be served rich dinner and amazing musical play with the staff around a blazing fire, Please note: The last day includes a 10-hour drive back to Marrakesh.
- Enjoying the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech & Merzouga.
- Traversing Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Taking short walks in Dades and Todra Gorges
- Visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait BenHaddou
- Stopping in Ouarzazate to visit cinema Studios and Taourirt Kasbah
- Drive through the valley of 1000 Kasbahs
- Camel Trek.
- Overnight camping in the desert.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 people is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or Riad in Marrakech.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up from your Marrakech riad/hotel on the tour day
- Private transfer in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Selected language speaking driver/guide during the tour
- Spending one night in a traditional Kasbah at Dades Valley -depending on the package chosen -
- Spending one night in luxury nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with - Private bathroom -
- Breakfasts and dinners during your tour
- Camel trekking
- Entertainment with local
- Free time to explore sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah... Etc.
- Beverages & lunch expenses
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
The 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour will begin with you being picked up from your Marrakech riad or hotel. You will be taken across the high Atlas Mountains through Tizi-N-Tichka pass that overlooks the foothills of the mountain which are studded with trees and Berber villages to reach the gateway of the Sahara, Ouarzazate.
On our way, we will enjoy a visit to Ksar of “Ait Benhaddou” the world-famous UNESCO world heritage site. This Kasbah, in particular, has served as the shooting location for many Hollywood movies such as “Lawrence of Arabia” and “Jesus of Nazareth”.
Your guide will also guide you around the dried river and up the highest hill in the Kasbah for a breathtaking view. Afterwards, we will drive to Ouarzazate, followed by crossing the valley of roses and Skoura palm grove to Dades Gorges where we will enjoy dinner and spend the night in a typical hotel in the middle of this gorgeous location.
The day begins with a traditional Moroccan breakfast before we depart from the hotel at 8 am. We will drive through the road of 1000 kasbahs and with some radiant Berber villages along the way.
45 km later we will visit Tinghir with its beautiful palm grove and Jewish quarter and from there, make our way to Todra Gorges. There we will hike along 300 m high canyons, which has proven popular among mountain climbers.
Our next stop will be Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara Desert where a 1.5 hours long camel ride is prepared for us. The camel trek across the sunset of the desert will transport us to the nomadic camp in the middle of Merzouga.
There we will enjoy a good meal by the campfire as we listen to the traditional nomad chants before spending the night in private bivouacs under the star-filled sky.
You will be woken up at 5:30, half an hour before sunrise to catch the first rays. After breakfast in your camp, we will ride the camel’s back to meet the driver and make our way to Marrakech.
Along the way, we will cross Tazarine and the Draa Valley, Agdez, and Ouarzazate with lunch along the way. This will conclude the 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.