Private 3-day Desert Tour From Marrakech To Fes Via Merzouga Dunes
The 3-day desert tour from Marrakech to Fes is one of the most popular desert tours because it links between two imperial cities; Marrakech and Fes.
This trip lets you discover a huge part of the south of Morocco by departing from Marrakech towards the Atlas Mountains, crossing some perched Berber villages to the famous Kasbahs of Ait Benhaddou and Ouarzazate, and spending the first night in Dades Gorges in a traditional hotel.
The next day, you will enjoy a short walk in Todra Gorges before heading towards Merzouga where you will ride camels and go deep in the desert to spend a starry night under a peaceful sky in a nomadic bivouac.
On the last day, we will take a different route heading towards Fez crossing many villages and wonderful sceneries along the way. In fez, our driver will drop you off in your hotel.
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah
- Visit Ouarzazate and its Taourirt Kasbah
- Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1001 Kasbahs
- Walk through Todra oasis to Todra Gorges
- Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi.
- Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara Desert camp
- Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 people is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or Riad in Marrakech.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private transfer by comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
- Selected language speaking driver/guide during the tour
- Pick up from Marrakech hotel & drop off at your Fes accommodation
- Visiting of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with a guide
- Visiting the Cinema studio in Ouarzazate
- Spending one night in a traditional kasbah at Ouarzazate - depending on the package chosen -
- Spending one night in luxury nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with - private bathroom
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians are accommodated on request).
- Camel Trek.
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah...etc
- Beverages & lunch expenses
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakech to head for Ouarzazate, the doorway of Sahara, crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass.
The first stop of our desert tour will be in Ksar of Ait Benhaddou, the UNESCO world heritage site, that was the shooting location for many Hollywood movies like “Lawrence of Arabia” and “Jesus of Nazareth” and it is still inhabited by Berber villagers who preserve their traditional lifestyles.
We suggest you explore the Kasbah at your leisure by getting to the highest spot for a wonderful view to continue driving later to Ouarzazate in order to have dinner and spend the night in a perfect hotel.
After having breakfast, we will depart from the hotel in Ouarzazate at 8:00 AM. We will take the road of 1000 Kasbahs to Skoura which is a paradise of palm groves and a home of many of Southern Morocco’s monuments like Amerhidil and Ait Abbou kasbahs.
After that, we will proceed to Kelaat Mgouna where each year the locals hold the festival of roses to celebrate the new harvest and sell all kinds of rose-based products. We will cross the valley of roses to Boumalen Dades and then Tineghir which is famous for the Jewish square and lush palm grove.
After our arrival at Todra gorges, we will have lunch and march along the canyons. In Merzouga, we will trek by camels for one and a half hours through Erg Chebbi’s dunes enjoying Sahara sunset. Our final destination will be in the nomadic camp where we will spend the night in the middle of the desert.
We will wake up at 5:30 am to enjoy the first glimpses of the sunrays and have breakfast in the camp. We will ride camels to meet the driver and make our way to Fes going through the quiet Ziz valley, Errachidia and Midelt.
We will have lunch close to Azrou city and pay a visit to the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountain where you will see some monkeys that inhabit the area. Then, we will continue to Fes concluding our 3 Day Desert Tour from Marrakech To Fes.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.