Private 2 Day Desert Tour from Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
Marrakech to Zagora 2 day desert tour is the most popular camel ride sunset desert tour we offer. A must-do experience for those travellers who do not have the luxury of time and would love to have desert tour experience, sleep in tents, and ride a camel.
This tour from Marrakech allows you to pass the high Atlas Mountains, admire the stunning views of Draa valley and its palm groves, visit the UNESCO world heritage sites, ride camels and spend the night in the camp or under the stars. Please bear in mind that Zagora is a rocky kind of desert which unlike the Erg Chegaga or Erg Chebbi, Sahara desert, doesn't offer big dunes.
- Overnight in nomad tents.
- Camel Trek
- Explore the biggest palm groves in the Draa Valley.
- Drive through Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountain
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Visit Taourirt Kasbah and Film Studios
- Enjoy the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech and Zagora.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private transfer by comfortable air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide
- Overnight in nomad desert Camp with (Private tent)
- Hot Shower in the desert is available only in Superior and Luxury packages
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians can be accommodated)
- Camel trekking (around 1hour each way).
- Gratuities (Optional)
7 am marks the start of your 2 days desert trip from Marrakech to Zagora. Our professional driver will pick you up from your accommodation in a spacious air-conditioned 4WD vehicle or minibus. First, we will cross the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-n-Tichka pass that overlooks the green mountain's foothills to reach Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, the official UNESCO world heritage site and the Kasbah that has served as shooting location for many famous Hollywood movies. Also worth mentioning is that the view from the highest hill there is marvelous! Afterward, we will be stopping at Africa's Hollywood, Ouarzazate to visit Kasbah Taourirt and have lunch. Following lunch, we will drive through the heavenly oases of Draa valley that stretch over 180 km. Late in the afternoon, we will have reached Zagora dunes, where we will camel trek into the sunset to reach our nomadic desert camp in the middle of Zagora. At the camp, we will enjoy a hot meal and some local
You will be woken up before sunrise to catch the first magical glimpses of light rays that declare the beginning of a new day. Following a traditional Berber breakfast in the bivouacs of Zagora, we will trek by camel to our vehicles and journey back to Marrakech, passing by Ouarzazate for lunch, then across the High Atlas Mountains again to reach Marrakech by 18:30 pm ending your 2 days Marrakech to Zagora desert tour.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Marrakech to Zagora you have 365 km around 7 hours driving each way.