Day Trip to Atlas Mountains & 3 Valleys from Marrakech with Lunch & Camel Ride
Our private tour gives you the chance to experience another world if you are looking for a great value adventure in Morocco you come to the right place, your own driver fully qualified and accredited, will allow you to experience 3 valleys in the best possible way.
Discover the Berber settlements of the High Atlas Mountains on a scenic trek, this tour combining visits to the Ourika Valley, the Atlas mountain ski ‘resort’ at Oukaimeden and the Berber populated Sidi Fares valley, including a guided hike to the seven waterfalls from the village of Setti Fatma.
Departure in the morning at 9:00 by a comfortable air-conditioned minivan with a professional and experienced driver to take you towards the discovery of deep Morocco your first stop will be in the direction of the valley of Ourika a very typical village is located 60 km from Marrakech this valley is mainly populated by Berbers and gradually engulfed in the Moroccan High Atlas.
Despite its proximity to Marrakech, it is still considered a relatively unspoiled valley. His visit can combine the discovery of spectacular nature and traditional mountain life and ride a camel which is included After a camel ride we will be driven to Setti Fatma. Setti Fatma is the origin of the 7 waterfalls that make up Ourika River and its bedside still harbours medieval agricultural traditions to this day.
Our local guide is taking us to the first of these 7 waterfalls (proper hiking shoes & heavy comfortable clothing are highly recommended), Along the 45 min hike we will climb rough terrain, cross bridges over running rivers and once we reach the base of the waterfall, we’ll get the chance to enjoy the pond and all the greenery surrounding it.
When done with the hike, we will rest at a beautiful riverside restaurant overlooking the mountain to enjoy the famous local cuisine, after lunch, we will continue our way towards the mountain station Oukaïmeden, in the High Atlas. Before the summit, we leave the road to follow a trail that will lead us to the plateau of Kik, Pause mint tea with the locals, we go through Berber villages through impressive landscapes.
Then we join Asni, at the foot of the Atlas, and cross again a plateau before descending to Aguergour overlooking at the Dam of Lalla Takerkoust, exceptional view over the Lac and the Atlas Mountains, and then we will Back in the late afternoon to Marrakech with a drop-off at your accommodation.
- Visit a traditional ceramic workshop
- Visit Asni valley and the Ourika valley
- Explore the Lalla Takerkouste dam, the Kik plateau
- Cross the typical Berber villages
- Admire the snow-capped peaks of the highest Atlas mountain
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in riverside
- Experience of Camel ride in the Atlas Mountains (Ourika Valley)
- A hike to the waterfalls accompanied by a local tour guide
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Pick up & drop off directly from your hotel/riad in Marrakech
- Personal expenses
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate