Sani Pass Lesotho 4x4 Tour
This tour leaves from Durban and progresses through Pietermaritzburg - The major city of Kwazulu-Natal.
We then travel up to The Sani Pass, which is a 33-kilometre gravel road that straddles the sheer cliffs of the Drakensburg escarpment in a series of tight zigzag curves.
The route begins at the Sani Pass Hotel which is 1566m above sea level and you will travel in a Land Rover 4x4 upwards along the narrow road crossing the South Africa/Lesotho border post at 1968m above sea level.
There are stops along the way as we pass through many interesting towns, cities and villages where we will be able to admire the amazing sights and views.
When we reach Sani Pass we are rewarded with a visit to the highest pub in Africa, which is perched 2873 m above sea level and one of the most spectacular views you could ever imagine.
This tour begins with pick up from your hotel in Durban and drop off back at your hotel after the tour. The duration of the tour is from 12 to 14 hours.
- Pick up and Drop off at your hotel
- Spectacular Views on the journey to Sani Pass
- Visit to the highest pub in the whole of Africa
- Effortless traveling with our comfortable 4x4 Land rover
- Knowledgeable Driver / Guide who will entertain you with interesting facts of the places throughout the journey
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 12 to 14 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- This tour is minimum 2 people maximum 12
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe pick up all tourists at their Hotel in Central Durban
- Disability ServicesOur cars accommodate people with disabilities
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Professional and Qualified Tour Guide
- All entrance fees to all attractions
- Collection and drop off from Durban in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Water is provided throughout the journey
- Any food and drink other than water
- Mahatma Gandhi Statue, City Hall.
- Sani Pass in a Land Rover Defender 4x4
- Visit local Bosotho village / homestead in Lesotho
- The highest Pub in Africa
- Important to Note: visitors need to have their passport with them for this tour
- Wear comfortable clothes for traveling and walking
- Flat shoes are recommended for this tour, nothing with a high heel