Weekend Combo: Vatican Museums & Archaeological Wonders of Rome
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. You won't have to worry about waiting in long lines on this tour. We are here to ensure that you skip the lines and our expert guides will be there to give you an insider's point of view.
No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums. Home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano.
These museums are home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, with artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, to name a few. An experience that is sure to inspire the art lover in anyone.
The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483, the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the renowned ceiling and "The Last Judgement" painted by Michelangelo.
Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, but it is also still used for religious purposes such as the Papal conclave - the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
Also see St. Peter's Basilica - A popular pilgrimage site, St. Peter's Basilica is also one of the largest in the world and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Capitoline Hill
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire. Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw-dropping Roman architecture. Learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70-80AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the Colosseum is estimated to have once held 50,000-80,000 spectators.
Your pass allows you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly. Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the amphitheatre, brought to life by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history.
Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine. Continuing our walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge to continue exploring Rome.
- Have two comprehensive tours in two days, to discover Rome at a relaxed pace!
- Privileged access to the Vatican Museums and its Walls (Vatican Tour)
- See The Pigna Courtyard and Pius Clementino Museum (Vatican Tour)
- Witness The Chandelier’s Gallery and The Tapestries Gallery (Vatican Tour)
- Visit Raphael’s Rooms and the Sistine Chapel (Vatican Tour)
- Skip-the-line access to the archaeological wonders of Rome (Colosseum Tour)
- Visit inside of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (Colosseum Tour)
- Comprehensive tour by a professional guide (Colosseum Tour)
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour runs Fridays and Saturdays
- This tour does not operate on April 2nd, May 1st, June 2nd/29th and August 14th/15th
- Children from 0-2 are free of charge
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance tickets with no line
- Professional guide
- Wireless Headset
- Food or beverages
- Optional gratuities
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- The visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library on Wednesday morning tours (8:30 and 11:00 tours) due to the Papal Audience taking place every Wednesday.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1