Walkabout in Fabulous Florence
I look forward to being your tour guide: I am an academic titled Art historian professional Tour guide in Florence and Tuscany doing Private group tours in English, Italian and German
This Walkabout Tour begins at 10 am when you meet your guide at your hotel located in the city-centre of Florence, or at the Basilica Santa Maria Novella, at the main entrance by the facade, near the main station.
Pass by the typical market of San Lorenzo, see the Palace of the famous Medici-Family, studying renaissance architecture, arriving at the important Dome and its Battistero Bouth decorated in marbles.
Take an Italian coffè or ice cream at the Piazza Della Republica Square with its typical bars, and go on to the old Granery and the Square of the Guildhall, Piazza Della Signoria, the centre of medieval politics.
Last but not least, enjoy the beautiful view from the old bridge, Ponte Vecchio, with the famous corridor and the cute little jewellery-shops.
1 pm: if you wish your guide will bring you to a nice and typical Trattoria Restaurant for a light lunch with Antipasto (cold cuts), Pasta (noodles) and red Chianti wine (ca. € 25,- per person).
In the afternoon enjoy your free time for shopping or taking a ride on a coach. You can ask your guide for some advice.
- See such places as Medici Palace, the Dome, Bapttistero and the Squares
- Stroll the Market of San Lorenzo
- See stunning views from the old bridge, Ponte Vecchio
- Take an Italian coffè or ice cream at the Piazza della Republica Square
- Enjoy a light lunch at a typical Trattoria Restaurant
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Italian
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceMeeting at the your hotel or at the meeting point at the basilica Santa Maria Novella, at the main entrance by the facade near the main station
- Disability ServicesThe tour is wheelchair accessible and can cater for people with disabilities or special needs. Please comunicate your needs!
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Tour Guide will collect you from your hotel
- If you are a group of more than 5 persons, there will be an audio system distributed for acustical support of the guides voice.
- Advice given if needed on other places to see and things to do
- Questions may be asked
- Entrance fees
- Food and Drinks
- Please wear comfortable sneakers
- Please bring some water and cover your heat in summertime
- Please cover knees and sholders if you want to go inside a church
- Please note that this is a sightseeing tour walking by the most important historical monuments and squares. If you wish to visite the monuments or museums inside you can fix another private tour and date after the tour.