Take a Trip Back to the Italian Renaissance in a Small Group
On our New Italian Renaissance Small Group Tour we will assemble our best resources to make your holiday remarkable and happy!
You will visit some of the most famous cities in the world like Rome, Florence and Venice. The tour features a two or three night overnight stay in each city, so you will have time to go sightseeing during the day and experience the nightlife. A variety of daily tours and optional activities are up for you to book.
You will start your journey in Rome, the capital city of Italy. Here you will have the chance to visit its main sights, monuments still standing after centuries, really enjoy the history, art and culture of this unique city. We have included two guided tours to the Colosseum and the Vatican Museums with our best professional guides.
You will have the time to go out, taste local cuisine, shelter in one of the countless restaurants that offer outdoor or indoor seating, take a walk in the historical center and stop for a coffee or gelato at a typical bar or gelateria.
If you want to indulge, be our guest at a traditional restaurant in the Trastevere area, Rome’s most charming neighborhood where you will mingle with the locals and learn a smattering of the local language and culture. In Trastevere, you will find ancient pedestrian streets teeming with several local markets, artisans’ shops, and boutiques. This area is very popular and no visit is complete without it.
Next stop is Florence, the cradle of the Renaissance. We will take you to the Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze or “Gallery of the Academy of Florence”, the home of Michelangelo's sculpture “David”. Not everyone gets to see the actual statue, as the one in Piazza della Signoria is a copy, so be ready to see the real statue up close.
You will spend three nights in Florence and an excursion outside of Florence is included: we will take you to the renowned Chianti area. During this half-day excursion, take in the beautiful Tuscan hills covered with vineyards, olive trees, and cypress trees. The views are stunning; you will embrace narrow roads that cut through hills, medieval villages on hilltops, and castles.
Before making our way back to Florence we will stop in a small medieval village called Montefioralle and spend time in a winery for you to enjoy wine tasting and snacks in a relaxing environment.
The Italian Renaissance Tour will end in the most romantic city of all: Venice! This is where your dream of a gondola ride will come true! We will show you the real highlights of the lagoon city and include an exclusive “Bacaro Tour” - a visit to a couple local wine bars in the less touristic areas of Venice, where you will taste local wines and the so-called “cicchetti”, a kind of Venetian tapas.
- Visit the most important Cities of Italy: Rome, Florence, Venice
- Walk through St. Mark's Square and enter inside the wonderful Basilica
- Have a ride on a Gondola
- Visit Accademia Museum in Florence
- Enjoy a typical dinner in Trastevere
- Enjoy this tour by renting a car at your disposal!
- Enjoy a Small Group Escorted Tour with a maximum of 15 people
- Taste the famous wine of Chianti
- Experience the renowed Bacaro in Venice
- Discover the Colosseum with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Explore the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Basilica
- Duration: 8 Days / 7 Nights
- This tour is available: Friday
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private transfer from Fiumicino Airport to your hotel in Rome
- Porterage service at the hotel
- Accommodation in 4 or 5 star hotels carefully selected by Carrani Tours
- Professional tour leader (from the 3rd to the 7th day of travel)
- Bacaro experience
- Garage service during your stay in Florence
- Gondola Ride
- Venice: transfer from Piazzale Roma or Marco Polo airport to your hotel
- Dinner in Trastevere (choose among three restaurants during the reservation process: Cajo&Gajo Restaurant – Grazia & Graziella Restaurant – Nannarella Osteria)
- Rome tours: Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill (with transport, professional local guide, entrance tickets with no line, personal audio device)
- Venice: walking tour and skip-the-line tickets to access St. Mark’s Basilica on your own
- Firenze tours: Walking tour & Galleria dell’Accademia (with professional local guide, entrance tickets with no line, personal audio device)
- Half-day excursion in Chianti with wine tasting & snacks at a local winery
- City Tax
* This tour is Small Group - max 15 people.
* 4* Hotels are: Starhotels Metropole in Rome, Starhotels Michelangelo in Florence, Starhotels Splendid Venice in Venice
* 5* Hotels are: Bernini Bristol in Rome, Villa Medici in Florence, Centurion Palace in Venice
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1