Old Delhi Culture Experience
Become a local for a day and join us in an immersive cultural tour of Old Delhi and witness generations old life in Delhi! Walk through the inconspicuous lanes and streets of Old Delhi.
Feel the spirit of Old Delhi as we watch the pigeon flying game from the rooftops and also enjoy panoramic views. We'll visit temples and other places of worship where you'll get to practise some worship rituals and engage in community services.
To add a little adventure we will ride rickshaws and visit local attractions exclusive to Old Delhi and also visit Asia's largest spice market. Watch the streets grow busy as we sip hot tea and enjoy the ambience. Enjoy great history lessons and have a better understanding of life in Old Delhi.
You'll get a chance to try making local dishes at select spots and also do some other cool activities. We will also try some unique food items which Old Delhi has preserved in her heart. For example, the warm stuffed breads at the 'lane of paranthas' have a history to tell.
Interact with the locals and understand their way of life; that includes trying your hand at Indian way of ironing clothes with embers. Built as a walled city by the Mughals, now Old Delhi is India's largest wholesale market and beckons you with her charms.
Timing and Duration: 08:30 AM to 1:30 PM / 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM (5 hours) Meeting Point: Exit 3, Chawri Bazar Metro Station Inclusions: All Food, Water, Soft Drinks, Tea/Coffee, Snacks, All transportation during the experience (Pickup charges not included)
- Learning local history, architecture, art and eating habits
- Thrilling rickshaw rides
- Cool activities like making local food items, juicing sugarcane etc
- Visiting the secret sanctuaries of the Old City
- Experiencing the hidden treasures
- Interact with locals to understand local life
- Visit Asia's largest spice market
- Experience yummy local delicacies in a safe way
- Visit Sikh Temples to understand the unique way of life and engage in community service
- Visit Hindu Temples to understand spiritual, cultural and historical aspects of Old Delhi's life
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Custom requests acceptable
- Pick-up servicePickup services available at extra charges depending on the type of vehicle and distance
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fresh Juice/Lassi
- Contributions to Charity
- Bottled Water/Soft Drinks
- Street Food
- Local Transport
- Any monument fee stipulated by government
- Personal Expenses
The event starts at 08:30 in the morning till 1:30 in the afternoon and includes visits to local places of worship, businesses, spots off of the tourist path, food sampling etc
- Please be considerate to co-travelers by arriving on time
- Delhi weather can be hot during summers so sunscreen and shades may be necessary
- Please be prepared to remove footwear while visiting spiritual hubs
- Kindly provide us allergy information in advance, if any
- Please dress modestly as we will be visiting places of worship