Full Day Mughals Monumental Tour in Delhi
0 / 5 total 0 reviews
Duration: 8 hours
Start Your Journey of a Full Day tour of Mughal Monuments in Delhi with a Hotel Pick up at 9:00 AM. Your Guide shall give you a brief introduction of the tour. After your Hotel Pick-up, First Visit the Qutub Minar, A UNESCO world heritage site and one of the tallest standing towers in the world. Qutub Minar is a soaring, 73 m-high tower of victory, built in 1193 by Qutab-ud-din Aibak immediately after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom. A 7 m-high rustproof iron pillar stands in the courtyard of the mosque. (Our Stay at the Qutub Minar is around 1 Hour). Next, we drive to the Humayun’s Tomb, this magnificent garden tomb is the first substantial example of Mughal architecture in India. It was built in 1565 A.D. nine years after the death of Humayun, by his senior widow Bega Begam. Inside the walled enclosure, the most notable features are the garden squares (chaharbagh) with pathways water channels, centrally located well proportional mausoleum topped by the double dome. Later, Drive Past the India Gate & The President’s House. We stop at these places for 10 minutes for a quick photography. Later, Visit the Red Fort. The Red sandstone walls of the massive Red Fort (Lal Qila) rise 33-m above the clamor of Old Delhi as a reminder of the magnificent power and pomp of the Mughal emperors. The walls, built in 1638, were designed to keep out invaders, now they mainly keep out the noise and confusion of the city. The main gate, Lahore Gate, is one of the emotional and symbolic focal points of the modern Indian nation and attracts a major crowd on each Independence Day. After having our Lunch at one the multi-cuisine Restaurant, We Visit the Jama Masjid. This great mosque of Old Delhi is the largest in India, with a courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees. It was begun in 1644 and ended up being the final architectural extravagance of Shah Jahan, the Mughal emperor who built the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort.
- Visit Jama Masjid, Biggest gathering Mosque in India.
- Stop at the India Gate & The President’s House
- Discover the beauty and history of Qutub Minar, a large tower with deep-rooted meaning for locals
- Snap amazing photos at iconic locations, like Humayun’s Tomb and Red Fort, which date back centuries
- Get a close-up look at the most famous monuments of Delhi on a guided adventure
Good to Know
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceYour Hotel in New Delhi/NCR.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by Air-con vehicle
- English Speaking Local Guide
- Entrance fee
Your Hotel in New Delhi/NCR
Know Before You Go
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Dress Code is smart casual
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Add new review
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.