Delhi to Agra and Taj Mahal Private Day Trip by Express Train with Lunch
You will be picked up from your hotel in Delhi / Gurgaon / Noida at 5 am and transferred to the New Delhi railway station to board a super fast deluxe train to the city of Taj Mahal - Agra.
At 6 am your train Shatabdi Exp (Train No. 12002) departs from the New Delhi railway station. Breakfast will be served on board during this 2-hour journey. Upon arrival at Agra Cantonment railway station at 8 am, you will be greeted by your driver with your name on the nameplate at the main exit gate.
He will transfer you to a 4/5 star hotel, where you will have some time to freshen up and, later meet your tour guide in the hotel lobby.
Your tour will start at 9 am with a visit to the Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is regarded by many as the best example of Mughal architecture and is widely recognized as "the jewel of Muslim art in India".
It is one of the world’s most celebrated structures and a symbol of India’s rich history. At 11:30 am continue your tour by visiting Agra Fort, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D. from red sandstone.
The maze of the courtyards, mosques and private chambers of the fort echoes the story of the Mughal Empire. At 1 pm you will make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at 2:30 pm you will leave for Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is an hour away from Agra.
It has been described as “the world’s most perfectly preserved ghost town”. Built by Akbar in the late 16th century, it was abandoned after only 14 years. At 6 pm, after your return to Agra, you may enjoy some shopping. Agra is known for its fabulous handicrafts.
The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took a personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products beside an inlay are brass-ware, carpets, jewellery and embroidery and leather accessories and clothes.
At the end of this tour at 8:30 pm you will be transferred back to Agra Cantt railway station to catch your train back to Delhi, which departs at 9:15 pm.
The dinner will be served on board. At 11:30 pm upon arrival at New Delhi railway station, you will be greeted by your driver, who then will transfer you back to your hotel in Delhi.
- Taj Mahal
- Agra Fort
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Adult price applies to all travelers
- Pick-up servicePickup from Hotel / Airport or Anywhere in New Delhi / NCR.
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Buffet Lunch
- Monument entrance fees
- Professional private tour guide
- All Transfers/Sightseeing by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Round-trip train tickets in AC chair car between (Delhi – Agra – Delhi)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- 6. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- 4. Dress code is casual
- 3. Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- 2. All Members Passport Photo copy at the time of booking
- 1. Confirmation will be received at time of booking