Agra, Taj Mahal with Fatehpur Sikri Day Trip from Delhi
In the morning at 6 am you will start your 4-hour drive from Delhi to Fatehpur Sakri which is 40 kilometres from Agra.
This magnificent ghost city was built by Emperor Akbar in 1569 and became the capital of Mughal India for 15 years before it was abandoned due to the scarcity of water. You will visit Jama Masjid, the 54-meter-high Victory Gate (Buland Darwaza), the white marble tomb of Shikh Salim Chrishti as well as many palaces and pavilions that blend elements of Hindu, Islamic and Persian architecture.
Later you will drive to Agra to visit Agra Fort, where your Agra guide will meet you at the monument to show you around.
Emperor Shah Jahan, who built the Taj Mahal in memory of his wife, was imprisoned in Agra Fort by his son Aurangzeb. From the fort, he was able to see the Taj Mahal – the mausoleum of his wife, Mumtaz. The fort is home to a number of beautiful mosques, such as Nagina Masjid, Meena Masjid, Sheesh Mahal, Khas Mahal. We will have a lunch break after leaving the Fort.
Later you will go to visit the Taj Mahal at Sunset. This is the best time to see the Taj Mahl and where you will marvel at the spectacular Taj Mahal as the sun sets in the background.
Take your time to admire this majestic place, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous and beautiful buildings in the world. Later we will return to Delhi.
- Enjoy the tour by Private Vehicle with English speaking Driver.
- Visit the Taj Mahal at Sunset.
- 54-metre high Victory Gate
- Majestic Jama Masjid
- The ghost city of Fatehpur Sakri
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 1 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and Drop off is included in the price. Please mention your pick up details at the time of booking.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- All Applicable taxes
- 1 Bottled water every day.
- Private Vehicle with English Speaking Driver.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide in Agra
- Tolls and parking
- Travel insurance.
- Entrance tickets to the monuments
- Tips Gratuities
- Lunch and dinner
- Tour guide in Fatehpur Sakri is not included
- Drink plenty of water
- Remember your suncream