Taj Mahal Private Tour By Gatiman Express Train
A spare day in Delhi and eager to see the Taj Mahal? This full-day private trip to Agra by fast train makes the excursion easy and comfortable.
Settle into the Gatimaan Express for your journey to Agra, and on arrival, enjoy guided tours of the UNESCO-listed Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Baby Taj before returning to Delhi. Includes Delhi hotel pickup and drop-off, return rail fares, plus entrance fees, guides, and buffet lunch in Agra.
Your train Gatimaan Express departs from H. Nizamuddin, Delhi station around a 1 hour 40 min journey. Tea and Breakfast will be served in the train.
You will then visit the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. According to legend, Emperor Shahjehan was so grief-stricken at the death of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, that he decided to erect a memorial to her which would be unsurpassed in beauty and grandeur. With a vast labour force of 20,000 people, it took 21 long years to complete this masterpiece.
See then Agra Fort, a vast museum of interesting buildings, started by Akbar. Each successive Mughal Emperor right up to Aurangzeb contributed something. Construction of the Agra Fort began in 1565 and was completed in 1573. Enjoy Delicious Buffet Lunch at Renowned Restaurant.
After lunch, visit I'timād-Ud-Daulah. Tomb of I'timād-Ud-Daulah is a Mughal mausoleum in the city of Agra in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Often described as a "jewel box", sometimes called the "Baby Tāj", the tomb of I'timād-Ud-Daulah is often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
Your evening is then free to explore the Bazaar of Agra Rich Heritage of Handicrafts Or Free At Leisure. One can buy the most famous marble handicraft there.
At around 5:30 PM, Transfer to Railway Station to Board Superfast Gatimaan Express Train To Delhi.
- See the all-time wonder of the world - The Taj Mahal!
- Hear why Emperor Shahjehan build this marvellous creation
- Visit Agra Fort and see the tomb of I'timād-Ud-Daulah
- Explore the bazaars in Agra for shopping
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick up from airport/hotel in New Delhi.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Mineral Water
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Monument Entry Fees
- Train Ticket
- Gratuities for Driver and Tour Guide
- Additional Sightseeing apart from Itinerary
- The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays