Private Day Trip to Fatehpur Sikri, Agra & Taj Mahal from Delhi
Get a chance to visit various monuments constructed during the golden era of Mughal dynasty. Also get a chance to visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World with your English speaking guide in a private A.C. vehicle. Visit Taj Mahal, a tomb built in memory of bond shared between two lovebirds. Visit Agra Fort, a military strategic point as well as the royal residence of the Mughal king. Also, visit very first tomb in India that ‘has been made entirely of marble known as Itmad-Ud-Daula.Before return visit Fatehpur Sikri, a totally new city established under Akbar reign.
Start your journey leaving your hotel early in the morning to reach Agra city. Your English speaking guide would be present for any assistance during your journey. Make yourself accustomed to scenic villages alongside the highway.
On reaching Agra you see one of the Seven Wonders of the World, The Taj Mahal. A white marble masterpiece built in 17th century by Shah Jahan. Walk around the main entrance gate, Gardens of Paradise, the mausoleum and let your guide share history behind its construction. After spending a good amount of time at Taj Mahal, let us take you for some lunch at a local Indian restaurant (Own Expense).
Then we move towards Agra Fort, a UNESCO world heritage site. Constructed in 1654, by great Mughal ruler Akbar this fort acted as a guardian for all outside attacks as well as royal residence. A red sandstone fort also known as Red Fort remains the place where Shah Jahan spent his last few years of life imprisoned by his son Aurangzeb.
Dedicated to a minister in the court of Shah Jahan, Mir Ghiyas Beg we take you towards first marble tomb popularly called as Itmad-Ud-Daula tomb. The Indo-Islamic architecture becomes prominent because of the fusion that this tomb displays. While the use of arched entrances and octagonally shaped towers signify the Persian influence, the absence of a dome and the presence of a closed kiosk on top of this building and the use of canopies talks about the possible Indian influence. From outside, when you take a bird’s eye view, Itmad-Ud-daula looks like a jewel box set in a garden.
On return to Delhi, we take you towards Fatehpur Sikri, also known as Ghost city built in 16th century by Akbar the great. Intended to be a joint capital of Agra, this city now remains an isolated place that perfectly resembles culmination of Hindu and Muslim architecture. After this enthralling journey, we drop you off at your hotel with good memories of Agra.
- Entrance fee of all monuments would be included.
- Your private A.C. cab to give you comfort and ease out your travel.
- A local English guide ready to share all information and history behind all monuments.
- Enjoy a pleasant view of all monuments built under the golden era of Mughal Empire.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 to 13 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up & Drop off facility available from your Hotel in Delhi/NCR.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fee to all monuments included
- English speaking Local guide
- Transport by Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup & Drop off from hotels in Delhi/NCR.
- Any Meals
- Shoes/Slippers to be removed or covered at all places of worship.
- Knees & Shoulders to be covered at all places of worship.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.