Private Agra: Local Sightseeing Tour by Car and Driver
Discover the glory of the Mughal Empire of India on this private day tour of Agra.
Visit the Taj Mahal, the most famous building in India and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. On this tour, you will witness the ancient architecture that is significant to India’s history including the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah (Also called Baby Taj), Mehtab Bagh, and Agra Fort, a 16th-century Mughal monument.
After being picked up from your hotel in Agra you will be taken to the Taj Mahal; built in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial for his beloved wife Mumtaz. Following your Taj Mahal tour, you will travel to Agra Fort. Agra Fort was constructed by King Akbar between 1565 and 1573 and is situated on the west bank of the Yamuna River, about 2 km upstream from the Taj Mahal. Akbar built the Fort with sandstone, and his grandson Shah Jahan the builder of the Taj Mahal, constructed palaces of white marble within the fort itself.
Enjoy a lunch break at an air-conditioned multi-national cuisine restaurant (not included in price). Your Next excursion in the city includes free time to shop for souvenirs (own expense). Agra is well known for its intricate handicrafts and embroidery work. After Lunch, you will continue to the Itmad-Ud-Daulah Tomb, a Mughal mausoleum. Itimad-Ud-Daulah was the title given to Mirza Ghiyath Beg, father of Nur Jahan. He held the post of Lord of Treasure of the Empire and later rose to the dignity of Wazir under Jahangir. Nur Jahan completed the construction of the building of the Tomb of her father in 1628 AD, nearly 7 years after his death.
After Itmad-Ud-Daula, you will visit Mehtab Bagh to watch the spectacular sunset over the Taj Mahal. After sunset drive back to your Agra hotel.
- Be amazed by the sunset over the Taj Mahal at Mehtab Bagh
- Explore the 16th century Agra Fort
- Visit the iconic Taj Mahal
- Enjoy a traditional Indian lunch (not included in price)
- See the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj)
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live Tour Guide English, Spanish, German
- Skip the Line ticket
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from your hotel or Agra location
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Tuk Tuk or Battery Buses at the Taj Mahal
- Private live tour guide
- Uniformed driver
- Sightseeing by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottle of water and napkin
- Pick-up drop-off from your hotel or Agra location
- All parking fees, tolls and taxes, allowances, fuel and interstate taxes
- Monument entrance fees
- Tips and Gratuities
- Optional tours of marble inlay workshops and a carpet weaving site can be arranged on request
- Please carry a valid photo ID (passport/driving license/student identity card)
- Remember your suncream
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1