Memorable Experience Taj Mahal and Agra Fort Private Tour Including Lunch and Entrance Tickets
Early morning we will pick you up from New Delhi Airport/ Railway Station/ Hotel and proceed to Agra by Yamuna Express Way. Midway you will stop for refreshment.
Around 08: 30 hrs you will reach Agra City where we will start to the various historical monuments and be a part of the Mughal legacy that ruled India in the 15th century and constructed many large structures.
The city was the capital of the Mughal Empire and is nestled on the banks of Yamuna River. First stop at the Taj-Mahal, India’s most iconic building and one of world’s 7 wonders. Listed as UNESCO’s World Heritage site, Taj Mahal spans in an area of about 1,000 acres (400 hectares) and stands out as Emperor Shah Jahan’s token of immortal love for his deceased wife Mumtaj Mahal. The monument is believed to be a classic combination of Persian, Turkish and Indian architectural styles.
Admire the magnificent white marble construction, the intricate exterior and interior decor, the beautiful gardens and the outlying red-sandstone gates, as the guide narrates you stories and legends. Next stop the Agra Fort, one of UNESCO world heritage sites. The monument served at the administration centre for the gigantic Mughal Empire and is a treasure house of its architecture. This 94-acre (34-hectare) brick fort was built in 11th-century 11th century and has seen many battles and undergone significant renovations.
Witness the interesting fusion of Hindu and Islamic influences in its construction as you walk inside the fort with your guide and learn about the different segments of the buildings including the Moti Masjid (Pearl Fort), Diwan-i-Khas (Hall of Private Audience), Diwan-i-Am (Hall of Public Audience), Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace) and more. Last visit the Tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daulah, situated on the opposite bank of the River Yamuna from the Agra Fort and commonly known as the Baby Taj. Built between 1622 and 1628 by Empress Nur Jahan for her father, the mausoleum is often described as a jewel box.
Witness the intricate jewel carvings and the precious stone inlay as you listen to the details from your guide. Observe the strong Persian influence on the tomb’s design, first monuments in India entirely made out of white marble. Finally, you will proceed back to Delhi and drop your destination Hotel/ Railway Station/ Airport with the mesmerizing memory of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.
- Visit Agra City and be a part of the Mughal legacy
- See the Taj Mahal, India’s most iconic building
- Explore Agra Fort and learn about the various segments of its structure
- Witness the Tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daulah, situated on the opposite bank of the River Yamuna
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Swedish
- Duration: 12 to 14 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from New Delhi Airport/Railway Station/Hotel.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance Tickets Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Sikandra Tomb and Baby Taj
- Bottled water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.