Otavalo Indigenous Market, Cotacachi & Cuicocha Tour with lunch
Depart from Quito through the Pan-American North Highway until arriving at Cayambe, where passengers will have the opportunity to taste the delicious “Bizcochos de Cayambe”, a type of cracker or bread baked in a clay oven (greatly paired with local cheese or caramel sauce).
Afterwards, we will make a brief stop at “Miralago”, to admire a wonderful view of Lago San Pablo, amazing views!
The tour then continues to Otavalo where Otavaleños (natives) set up a market in which a bartering manner of shopping is taken place. The market hosts a variety of different handcrafted items.
Passengers may then choose between staying longer in Otavalo or go to visit the leather shops at Cotacachi.
On the way to Cotacachi, we will visit a traditional workshop of Andean instruments "Ñanda Mañachi" located in Peguche.
In Cotacachi, you have enough time to visit the village, the shops of leather goods and free time for lunch.
Then return to Quito picking up passengers in Otavalo.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour operates on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Prices are per person for shared services
- Pick-up servicepick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationCancellations up to 48 hours before the reservation without charge.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Roundtrip Hotel Transfers - Please see description for more information
- Optional Gratuities
- This service will be developed by a National Tourism Guide
- Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Wyndham Garden, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, NH Collection. If you will be staying at an alternate hotel, please email email@example.com to find the nearest pickup point.
- Someone from Privatetour.com will contact you at least 48 hours prior to your tour time to confirm the details of your departure.
- Bus will wait for 10 minutes in Otavalo to pick up passengers that stayed there, after that will return to Quito with passengers that are on board.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1