Excursion to Gualaceo and Chordeleg
We start our tour out of the northwestern side of the city of Cuenca with a visit to “San Bartolome” a little town next to the Andes mountain range, with an amazing view of the valley of River Santa Bárbara where the town is famous for its crafty artisans in making guitars.
Then We will visit a traditional shop to observe the process of making this musical instrument.
We head to “Chordeleg” a town known around the country for its ceramic, gold and silver jewellery and above all for their fine filigree work made of gold and silver threads.
Here we will be able to go shopping and the artisans will show us the way they elaborate the jewellery. We can also take a walk around its central plaza where we will observe countless crafts and shops.
Later, we will continue to “Gualaceo” to visit 2 important markets that are known for their variety of products and the colourful scenery.
Visit a textile shop where we’ll observe the back strap loom and the horizontal loom weaving and how a variety of products are made, they will also show us the Hispanic technique of “Ikat” to make shawls and ponchos. Then return to Cuenca.
- Gualaceo Indian Market
- Chordeleg Town
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour operates on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Prices are per person for shared services
- Pick-up servicePick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationPrices are per person for shared services.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Knowledgable tour guide
- Optional gratuities
- This service will be developed by a National Tourism Guide
- Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Carvallo, El Dorado, Macondo, Casa del Águila, Victoria, Santa Lucía, Mansión Alcázar. If you will be staying at an alternate hotel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the nearest pickup point.
- Someone at privatetour.com will contact you at least 48 hours prior to your tour time to confirm the details of your departure.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1