Excursion to Cajas National Park
Cajas is a national park located on the northwestern side of the city of Cuenca and is formed by wetland from glacial origins with more than 200 lakes.
Our visit will start on the lower part of the park called the area “Llaviuco” only 30 minutes away from the city of Cuenca.
We will then hike at an easy rate for one hour at an altitude of 3,000 meters above sea level (9,842ft).
We then continue our visit until we get to a point called “tres cruces” which forms the Continental Divide between the Pacific and the Atlantic ocean at an altitude of 4,135m (13,566ft).
Then we have a short walk to observe this interesting area where will then descend and perform our main hike at an altitude of 3,900m (12,795ft) for approximately three hours.
The difficulty at this point is moderate where we will visit a beautiful primary forest and will observe the interesting vegetation.
- Cajas National Park
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour only operates on a Wednesday
- We reserve our rights in changing the order of the tours or suspending due to weather conditions or by order from Cajas National Park.
- Prices are per person for shared services
- This tour has hiking at a moderate level
- Pick-up servicepick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationCancellations up to 48 hours before the reservation without charge.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 23 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Knowledgable tour guide
- National Park Entrance Fee
- This service will be developed by a National Tourism Guide
- Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Carvallo, El Dorado, Macondo, Casa del Aguila, Victoria, St. Lucia, Mansion Alcazar. If you will be staying at an alternate hotel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the nearest pickup point.
- Someone from Privatetour.com will contact you at least 48 hours prior to your tour time to confirm the details of your departure.
- We recommend taking warm clothes, a bottle of water and some snacks.