Cigar Aficionado Experience & Altos De Chavon
The Cigar Aficionado Experience is hosted by OutBack with knowledgeable, expertly trained guides and professional cigar artisans, the perfect vacation experience of a lifetime for the true cigar aficionado wishing to see & understand the fascinating and incredibly complex process required to manufacture the finest handmade Cigars in the world.
You will be pick up in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles & drove thru beautiful landscapes towards La Romana while the tour guide explains you the experience of the day and provide “all you need to know” about the Tobacco industry & history.
Cigar lovers will be initially taken to the Cigar Country by VegaFina outlet where they will be provided with safety shoes, face masks, and a short briefing before heading out for an up-close and personal tour of Tabacalera De Garcia Cigar Factory “The largest premium handmade Cigar factory on the world” Makers of Renowned Brands such as Montecristo, Romeo & Julieta And VegaFina.
This unique experience will take you from the tobacco leaf’s cultivation, its cure, ageing, preparation, blending for different cigars, rolling, preservation and special boxes fabrication. After the factory visit, we will return to the Cigar Country by VegaFina Outlet, where the finest brands of hand-rolled quality cigars are available and can be purchased at Duty-Free prices.
We will end the day with a visit to the beautiful artisan village of Altos de Chavon, sculpted entirely of stone, a model 16th century Mediterranean village, known as well as the City of Artists, here you will have free time to explore and even enjoy some snacks or a drink (not included) on your own or just relax and enjoy a passion fruit mimosa cocktail overlooking the beautiful Chavon River.
- Opportunity of purchasing Dominican Cigars at Duty Free Prices
- Enjoy a typical passion fruits mimosa overlooking the Chavon River.
- Visit Altos de Chavón, a model 16th century Mediterranean village, known as well as the City of Artists.
- Introduction & pre factory briefing at Cigar Country factory outlet & museum.
- Limited availability.
- Small groups guided tour.
- Expertly trained guides and professional cigar artisans.
- Guided tour of Tabacalera De Garcia Cigar Factory the largest Premium Handmade Cigar Factory in the World.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Passion fruit mimosa at Altos de Chavon
- Altos de Chavon entrance fee
- Purified bottle water
- Professional trained guide
- Transportation on A/C Vehicles
- Safety Shoes & face mask for nose & mouth will be provided for the Cigar Factory Visit, included on package
- Earrings and jewelry must be removed before entering the Cigar factory.
- Long trousers and closed toe footwear must be worn for this tour.