Private Day Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs in Beijing
At approx. 8:30 am, your tour guide and driver will pick you up from your centrally located Beijing hotel lobby. Travel with your guide in a comfortable private vehicle to your first stop, the Ming Tombs Scenic Area, where lie the mausoleums of thirteen emperors of the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644).
You will visit the Dingling Tomb, the mausoleum of the thirteenth emperor, Zhu Yijun and his two empresses. The whole tomb is divided into two parts: aboveground and underground. On the ground, it consists of a stone bridge, a-stele pavilion and other accessories. The highlight is the stone Underground Palace, which was discovered between 1956 and 1958 and had plenty of precious relics unearthed. On the way, you will stop and see the full view of the Bird's Nest if time permits.
After having lunch at a local restaurant, you will proceed to the Mutianyu Great Wall located in Huairou district, about 80 km north from downtown Beijing. Mutianyu Section works as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs, it is less crowded and known for its beautiful surroundings with vegetation, green pines and cypresses covering 90 percent of the area. Hike up the Great Wall along the stone steps, enjoy the beautiful scenery and the tensely distributed Watchtowers. Cable car and Toboggan are optional at your own expense.
- Fantastic photo opportunities at Beijing Nation Stadium (Birds Nest) if time permits
- Marvel at the well-preserved Ming emperor burial site
- Take in spectacular views at the UNESCO-listed Mutianyu Great Wall of China
- Private tour is operated with just your party
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Spend full day to visit Beijing city highlights
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up is from your centrally located Beijing hotel lobby
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Chinese lunch
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Great Wall cable car
- Gratuities (optional)
- All travelers’ passport information is required while booking
- Your hotel information is required while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1