Private Day Tour of Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs in Beijing
At approx. 8:30 am, your tour guide and driver will pick you up from your centrally located Beijing hotel lobby. After about one hour's drive, you will arrive at Badaling Great Wall – one of the most gorgeous and magnificent parts of the Great Wall.
Most of the preserved parts at Badaling were built and reinforced during the Ming Dynasty to defend Beijing against the intrusion of northern Mongolians. There are only 19 watchtowers that have been restored and opened to visitors. Badaling Great Wall has been equipped with a cable car and pulley to save energy which you may take at your own expense, or you could hike up the wall step by step. Enjoy the panoramic vistas of the surrounding scenery and discover the watchtowers distributed along the wall.
Have a lunch at a local restaurant and then continue your sightseeing to the Ming Tomb which is the largest royal graveyard complex in China. You will visit the Dingling Tomb - the mausoleum of Emperor Zhu Yijun (1563 - 1620) of Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644) and his two empresses. Dingling is of great historical value and attracts millions of tourists. The highlight is the stone Underground Palace with plenty of precious relics unearthed.
On the way back to downtown, you will have a stop and see the full view of the Bird's Nest if time permits, you can take some beautiful photos. Then we will drop you off at your hotel to conclude the tour.
- UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site—Great Wall of China
- Private tour is operated with just your party
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Visit Badaling Great Wall and Dingling Tomb
- Spend full day to visit Beijing city highlights
- Discover the royal graveyard of Ming Dynasty
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up from your centrally located Beijing hotel lobby
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Chinese lunch
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Great Wall cable car
- All travellers passport information is required while booking
- Your hotel information is required while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1