Peking Opera Show Tickets at Beijing Liyuan Theatre
Pekin Opera is a form of Chinese opera originally from the 18th century which combines music, vocal performance, mime, dance and acrobatics. It arose in the late 18th century and started to be known in the West thanks to the awarded 1993 movie "Farewell My Concubine". The performers have elaborate and colorful costumes, and use the skills of speech, song, dance and combat in movements that are symbolic and suggestive, rather than realistic.
The Liyuan Theater has performed traditional Peking Opera since 1990 and it’s one of the leading opera venues in China. Located inside a hotel in Beijing, this theatre offers this wonderful 70 minutes performance whose plot can be followed with the help of English subtitles on lateral screens. The opera starts at 19:30 and finishes at 20:40 every day. If you arrive early, you will have the chance to see the performers getting their make up ready in the dressing room.
The address is: Qianmen Jianguo Hotel near Hufangqiao Subway Station exit C, 175 Yongan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing. In Chinese it is 前门建国饭店. 北京市西城区永安路175号. When you arrive at the theater, go to the ticket office to show your voucher and receive your real tickets.
If you wish, there is an option of private pickup and drop-off transfer from your hotel, so you won’t have to worry about anything except enjoying an unforgettable show.
- Enjoy the Peking Opera show at one of Beijing's best theaters
- Follow the plot with the help of the English subtitles
- Visit the performers' make-up room and see their make-up process
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Chinese
- Duration: 70 minutes
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Infants (Ages 0 -2) are free of charge. We cannot provide seating for infants when included on a private transfer, they must be seated on an adults lap.
- Pick-up serviceIf option is selected, driver will pick you up at 6:30 pm. Please show your voucher to the ticket office to get your entrance tickets.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Show ticket (Normal Seat Option)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Unless option is selected)
- If you meet difficulties to get your tickets, please call our emergency number 0086-153-1158-8132 for help. Do not purchase a new ticket, because of a contract issue, tickets are not refundable. If you are going to arrive late, please call us.