Peking Opera in Liyuan Theatre With Private Transfer in Beijing
Peking Opera, also known as Jingju, it is Chinese national treasure. In the late afternoon, if you have 2-3 hours free time, with the long history of Peking opera, the performances at Liyuan theatre is the most classic introduction to the performing art, the repertoire is an interesting combination of delightful humour and old Beijing culture performed with ambitious intricacy and style.
Here you will find a popular introduction to Chinese Opera. From music to the instrument, from makeup to martial arts, it is a feast of Chinese culture. Bejing Opera is so popular among the people and regarded as one of the cultural treasures of China.
The one-hour performance consists of 4-5 excerpts from some of the funniest or most impressive routines from the Beijing opera. Such as Farewell My Concubine, Goddess of Heaven Scattering Flowers, Drunken Beauty, Eight Immortals crossing the sea and so on.
The show starts at 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm, last one hour, and from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm, you can arrive at the theatre to see the performers how to make up and take photos even videos no problem, so normally the driver (if you select transfer service) will pick you up at 6:00 pm, of course, depend on your city hotel location to decide what time to pick you up.
Liyuan theatre is located in the Qianmen Jianguo Hotel, nearby the Tiananmen Square, Liyuan means pear garden, in the past time, some people who love opera, always went to pear garden singing the opera, cause it is cooler in Summer and quiet as well. and now Liyuan theatre's decoration is most Chinese style, with wooden structures. so it is the most popular place for Peking opera.
In the theatre, you can see two types of seats, one is VIP seats with good location and snacks with Chinese Tea, another one is just regular seats without any food, and located behind of VIP seats when the show finishes at 8:30, the driver will take you back to the hotel safely.
- Perfect if you only have a couple of hours to spare
- See old Beijing culture performed with ambitious intricacy and style
- Arrive early and see the performers, even take pictures with them!
- Get the best views with VIP tickets
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Chinese
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/accommodation in Beijing.
- Easy CancellationFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fees
- Private tour
- Driver Transport by private vehicle
- Any expense of personal nature
- Public transportation fee( if you select tickets service)
- Pick up time will depend on your city hotel location.