Half Day Private Tour of Beijing Hutong Highlights
This half-day Beijing Hutong tour starts at 8:00 am or 13:00 pm and around 4 hours will be needed to complete the tour. Please indicate your preferred starting time when making the booking, your local guide will pick you up from your Beijing downtown hotel at the appointed time.
You will firstly visit the 800-meter long south-north Nanluoguxiang Hutong (South Gong and Drum Lane), which is lined with numerous trendy bars, yummy restaurants, unique hostels, lively themed stores and iterant vendors. Then take a Hutong Rickshaw to an old courtyard where you will have a local family visit. With the help of a professional local guide, you will have a detailed explanation of the old courtyard (Siheyuan), its history, layout, Fengshui and traditional Chinese culture.
Continue to visit the 67-meter high and two-story Drum Tower and have bird's eye view of the surrounding communities of hutongs and courtyard, walk along the 800-year-old hutong of Yandai Byway (Skewed Tobacco Pouch Street), pass through the Yinding Bridge - narrow channel joining Qianhai Lake and the Houhai Lake, wander along Qianhai Lake circled by the former palaces of ministers, temples and well-kept courtyards, feel Beijing's traditional architecture, long history and Chinese culture.
The half-day trip ends at Hehua Market Decorated Archway, the tour guide will transfer you back to the hotel or you may remain in the Houhai Bar Area for more time on your own.
- Private tour is operated with just your party
- An informative, friendly and professional tour guide
- Immerse yourself in real culture and local lifestyle of Beijing
- Visit the most distinctive Hutong and Courtyard in Beijing
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from your downtown hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Bottled water
- Entrance fee
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- All travellers passport information is required while booking
- Your hotel information is required while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking