Ancient Beijing & New Olympic tour
For this tour, your guide and driver will pick you up from the hotel at around 07:30 am-08:00 am.
Drive to the old Beijing Hutong area. It is formed by lines of courtyards, old Beijing residences. Hutongs are the origin of Beijing culture and could reflect the ancient Beijing life. Nowadays, most of hutongs are demolished to make way for new roads and buildings. Whereas, some are designated as protected area and some others are packed with various boutique stores offering a lively atmosphere.
You will take a rickshaw to visit the well protected hutong area including the Shicha Lake area, the Drum tower, and a local family. Hutongs and courtyards display the authentic Beijing and attract more tourists from home and abroad than the high-rise buildings and large mansions.
Continue to visit the Lama Temple - Yonghe Lamasery. It is considered as the largest and best preserved lamasery in China. This exceptional temple is a glittering attraction, where riveting roofs, fabulous frescoes, magnificent decorative arches, tapestries, eye-popping carpentry, Tibetan prayer wheels, Buddhist statues and a superb pair of Chinese lions mingle with dense clouds of incense.
Then check out the lovely giant pandas in Beijing Zoo. The site is comprised of 16 different exhibition areas and halls, but the most popular one is the Panda Hall. Afterwards, head for Olympic Green and you may take pictures of the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
During the trip, you will have a chance to visit the Ceramics Store and Chinese Traditional Silk Arts. At last you will be dropped off at the hotel to conclude the trip.
- Take pictures of Water Cube and Bird's Nest
- Visit a largest Tibetan Buddhist Lama Temple
- Experience the maze of Hutongs and narrow alleys
- See cuddly giant pandas at Beijing Panda House
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local lunch
- Entrance fee
- English-speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned tour vehicle
- Group tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please provide all travelers’ names and hotel information while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1