Full Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest
This astonishing one-day trip to Bulgaria will start in the early morning when we collect you from your hotel or hostel in Bucharest and transport you through a stunning landscape into the foothills of the Balkan Mountains, where the adventure begins.
The tour’s first stop, St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, is the only Bulgarian example of such a structure carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today, and its atmosphere will fill you with wonder. You will have a little time to explore this beautiful religious monument before we continue to the remarkable medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo, which was once the medieval capital of Bulgaria.
Prepare to be transported back in time; this gorgeous city has panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valley, as well as ample history for you to explore and absorb, and architecture that will take your breath away. Veliko Tarnovo is home to the magnificent Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification from the Middle Ages.
Once home to royalty this ancient stronghold is now a striking tourist attraction standing proudly atop Tsaravets Hill. Once you have explored Veliko Tarnovo and enjoyed lunch, the tour will continue to its final stop; Arbanasi Village. Nestled on a high plateau between the settlements of Veliko Tarnovo and Gorna Oryahovitsa, Arbanasi Village provides spectacular views and incredible examples of medieval architecture dating back several centuries.
This tour is truly one for the enthusiastic history buff, and anybody that appreciates beautiful buildings, stunning scenery, and the opportunity to discover a little more about Bulgaria.
- Arbanasi Village will take you a few centuries back in time through its medieval architecture
- Discover Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria and home of the Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification of the Middle Ages
- Visit the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 to 12 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick-up available for Bucharest selected downtown hotels & hostels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Round-trip transportation
- Licensed English speking tour guide
- Pick-up or convenient meeting point for Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Lunch and other personal expenses
- Entrance ticket for Basarabov Monastery and Veliko Tarnovo Fortress (approx. 5 euro)
- Pick-up time might be different from the departure one
- The company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
- Please bring your passport with you and other forms of ID