The Great Ocean Road Private Day Tour From Melbourne
Our pickups start at 0600 from your accommodation so we stay in front of all the other tours and have most of our photo stops to ourselves. You will travel over the Westgate Bridge and along the Princes Highway to Geelong, where we stop for a Coffee and a toilet break.
You begin your Adventure on the Surf coast section of the Great Ocean Road via Torquay. Kangaroos are found near Bells Beach and surfers are often seen at our many stops on the Coast. During our tour, you will see Kangaroos and Koalas in the WILD and look for Whales, Dolphins and Seals in the Great Southern Ocean. (seasonal) You will hear stories including, the history of The Great Ocean Road, how the coastline was formed and the story of the Loch Ard shipwreck, to name a few.
Join our experienced guides in conversations about Australia and its Indigenous people. How life was like during the 1800’s and 1900s’ in Australia and Melbourne and many more fascinating subjects. You will coast through Anglesea on your way to Aireys Inlet where you will see the Split Point Lighthouse. Fairhaven is just around the corner and some of the coastlines most spectacular coastal homes are in view along with the spectacular Fairhaven beach. Memorial Arch is next for a photo stop of the Great Ocean Road Sign. Your journey continues over Big Hill and a beach view stop awaits in Lorne. Stunning coastal views are the order as you travel through Separation Creek and Wye River. Koalas at Wongarra are often a highlight and another photo stop.
Hold your breath as you visit Cape Patton Lookout and get that camera out again. You will see the beautiful Apollo Bay. Stunning Mountain views are in abundance as we head to Lavers Hill for our Home Cooked Café Lunch. Sit back and enjoy a selection of Home Cooked Meals for Lunch, including Barramundi, Steak Sandwiches, Giant Burgers, Quiche and Frittatas.
You may wish to take home local preserves, artwork or handmade apparel, a postcard or jewellery from The Shoppe. We finish off the Otway Ranges with a short drive befitting any Australian bush location. Awaiting you after lunch is the Stunning Twelve Apostles. Visiting the viewing platform, the famous views and history will get you so close you can almost feel the ancient structures and coastline. A short ride along the road will get you to Loch Ard Gorge, where you will have plenty of time to explore, the Razorback and Natural Arch walkway, the Shipwreck Walkway with views into Loch Ard Gorge and even a stroll on the beach to visit the magnificent Limestone Stalactites.
Time to head back The drive back inland to Melbourne takes you through farmland and magnificent views of the Victorian Volcano Region, the Colac Lakes and historic towns of Colac and Winchelsea arriving back to Melbourne by 5 pm.
- Enjoy the Spectacular Scenery
- Fun and Informative Commentary
- See Kangaroos in the wild near Bells Beach
- View of Pt Roadnight Memorial Arch (Great Ocean Road Sign)
- Visit Lorne and Apollo Bay
- See the Koalas
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Group price is based on a maximum of 8 people
- This tour starts September 2018
- Children under the age of 8 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up serviceWe pick up from Melbourne CBD, Southbank and Docklands.
- Disability ServicesWe have an easy access step but unfortunately cannot cater for wheelchairs.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- A Premium Style Day Tour of the Great Ocean Road
- Selection of Home Cooked Meals for Lunch at a cosy cafe
- Breakfast/Snack Pack
- Extra Snacks
- Wear Travel clothing suitable for any weather conditions, as the weather can change during the day
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget to bring Camera/Smart Phone as well as additional Snacks
- Unfortunately, we cannot carry children under 8 years of age or travellers over 130Kgs
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1