Ultimate Private Guided Tour From Izmir To Ephesus
4 / 5 total 1 reviews
Duration: 7 to 9 hours
Tour ID: 757
You will be picked up at the pre-arranged meeting point such as Izmir Port, Hotel or designated pick up point in a fully Air Conditioned luxury vehicle at the start of our Ultimate Private Guided Tour From Izmir To Ephesus. We will then start the journey to Ephesus and take in some of the scenery along the way. Then we journey to The House of Virgin Mary which is located on the top of the Bulbul mountain. Where The Virgin Mary spent her final days in this beautiful spot where many worshippers and tourists Visit daily. There is a lovely walk through to the little church situated where Mass is held on a regular basis. You will get a chance to collect some Holy Water from the fountains and light some candles or make a wish for your loved ones at the wishing wall. Your private guide will show and tell you all about the history of this magical place. Arriving at the Ancient City Of Ephesus where your Guided Tour begins with The Temple of Hadrian, The Odeon, The Celsus Library & Theatre and The Roman Baths. The Terrace Houses are situated opposite the Hadrian Temple. The Ephesus houses will give you an idea of how life was living among these terraces. With six residential units visible you will see how they were strategically built at right angles and the city was planned in Hippodamian style. The oldest of the buildings date as far back as 1C BC and excavation works continue in this area. We will have the chance to visit one of the Seven Wonders Of The World the "Temple of Artemis" where our professional private tour guide will educate you about the temple and its ruins. We then have a break and eat some lunch turkish style. Then it's onto the ruins of the Basilica of St John which are fascinating as initially 300 years after his death there was a small church built there to commemorate St John, but over the years it developed into a spectacular Basilica. As your Tour Guide relays the information on this area, you will be fascinated to hear about the life of this great Saint Last stop is the Ephesus Museum located in Selcuk. The Museum is uniquely arranged in sections as there were so many artifacts found that it was easier to name the location of the find rather than put them in any chronological order like The House Findings Room, The Hall Of The Fountain Relics, The Hall of The Funerary Relics, The Hall of Artemis, The Gladiators Section, ...etc You will get some free time in each location to explore and take photos. We will then make our way back to Izmir Where you will be dropped back to your meeting point.
- A Spiritual visit to The House of Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, where she is believed to have spent her last years
- Experience and explore The Ancient City of Ephesus
- A visit to Terraced Houses inside Ephesus where you can see the houses of the wealthy Ephesians
- A visit to Basilica of St. John the apostle
- Observe and Explore Ephesus Museum where the findings of Ephesus are being exhibited
- A visit to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, The Temple of Artemis
Good to Know
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick up from pre-arranged designated area.
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Parking and any other admission fees
- Entry fees to the museums and sites
- Transfer from Izmir Port or your designated accommodation and back
- Traditional Turkish Lunch soft drinks Included
- Bottled water available in the Vehicle
- Private Expert Licenced Tour Guide
- Drinks other then Inclusions
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Personal Expenses
You will be picked up at the pre-arranged meeting point such as Izmir Port or your designated accommodation.
Know Before You Go
- Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes.
- Wear appropriate clothing when visiting any Holy Sites.
- Be prepared bring a Hat or Umbrella and sunscreen for protection against the Sun.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while on your tour.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1
Add new review