SKIP THE LINE PRIVATE Highlights of Ephesus
Explore the best Ephesus tours with our exclusive and crafted SKIP THE LINE PRIVATE tours so you don’t have to follow the crowd.
This is an excellent SKIP THE LINE private tour for you to discover the fascinating archaeological site of Ephesus, including the Terrace Houses and the House of the Virgin Mary. Also, have a memorable shopping experience of bargaining in the local shops and factories.
When you arrive in the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, during a 20 minute ride to Ephesus, your guide gives you a brief info about the area and about the country.
As you arrive in Ephesus, you will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvelous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city. Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.
You will also get to visit the House of the Virgin Mary, a domed cruciform chapel a couple of miles from Ephesus that became a significant place of Christian pilgrimage.
The House of the Virgin Mary is considered by the Vatican to be a Holy Place, and a small shrine, dedicated to her, was found in the ruins when the house was first discovered. The shrine is still cared for by the Lazarist Fathers, and Mass is celebrated at this spot every day. A curative spring runs through the property, from which you are welcome to drink.
In1961 Pope John XXIII made known that ceremonies could be performed in the House of the Virgin Mary discussions about the place were subdued and the number of visitors gradually increased. The house was declared a place of pilgrimage. In 1967 Pope Paul VI and in 1979 Pope John Paul II visited. Nov. 29, 2006 Pope Benedict XVI celebrated Mass at the House of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus.
This private tour is an excellent example of how guided tours should be done, with well-prepared local guides, who know and love their country and ready to answer all your questions.
- See how the Greek port of Ephesus became the greatest city
- See famous sites the Temple of Hadrian, Celcius Library and Odeon
- Learn about the important history of Ephesus and Virgin Mary
- Walk in the footsteps of biblical figures at the House of Virgin Mary
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick up time to be confirmed once you know time of your cruise docking.
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop off from Kusadasi Cruise port
- Easy CancellationYou can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private De-Luxe Fully Air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz van with Separate Driver
- Professional Licensed Local Tour Guide
- SKIP THE LINE: Private Guided tour of Ancient Ephesus and House of the Virgin Mary
- All Parking fees
- All Taxes
- Other services not mentioned
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Food and drink
- We will arrange the Entry Tickets in advance so you will avoid the long ticket queues.
- Rest rooms can be found at the site of House of Virgin Mary and Ephesus.
- Bring your camera (there is plenty of photo opportunities)
- Ephesus requires walking long distances over uneven surfaces, comfortable clothing and closed toe, sensible walking shoes are recommended. Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested.
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1