Full Day Private Ephesus & Sirince Village Tour From İzmir
In our full-day private tour to Ephesus & Sirince Village from İzmir, begin your day with a visit to the house where Jesus's mother is said to have lived the last years of her life. This tour is the best option to see the daily lifestyles of Turkish villagers and discover amazing Ephesus.
We will visit the village of Sirince which has a traditional Turkish village life; famous with wine houses, olive oils, handicrafts, organic vegetables and fruits. The town has a synthesis of Turk-Greek culture, and we get to visit an Orthodox Church and a mosque. In the narrow streets of the village, you will find women, selling handicrafts of all kinds, olive oil. Another attraction of Sirince is its fruity wine: try its taste in small cafes.
We will then visit the House of Virgin Mary which is a Catholic shrine and was attended by different Popes. Visit the old city Ephesus, one of the most magnificent and best-preserved archaeological sites in the world. See the Odeon Theatre, the Market Basilica, Curetes Street, the Baths, the Celsus Library, Marble Street and the Great Theatre. The theatre has a seating capacity of 24,000 people, and they still organise concerts here. See the Terrace Houses located opposite Hadrian's Temple -- a newly excavated section.
The wealthy and prominent people of Ephesus were living in these houses, which are finely decorated with mosaics and frescoes giving a real idea of the ancient life. Another place of interest is the Basilica of St John. After that, we drop you off back to İzmir.
- Sirince has a synthesis of Turk-Greek culture, where we visit a mosque and an Orthodox church. In the narrow streets of the village, you will find women, selling handicrafts of all kinds, olive oil. Another attraction of Sirince is its fruity wine.
- See the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life.
- See incredible ruins from a range of historical periods, with stops at sights such as Heracles Gate, the Temple of Hadrianus, Celsius Library and much more in Ephesus.
- Visit the Basilica of St. John, located under the main central dome Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from İzmir Airport & Hotels
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup and drop-off included.
- Private Expert Licensed Guide.
- Traditional Turkish Lunch.
- All parking fees including Ephesus.
- Full Insurance.
- Private Mercedes De-Luxe Cars.
- All Entrance Fees.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Comfortable footwear will be important for you experience.
- During the summer months use sun protection.
- Wear appropriate clothing for entering Holy Sites.