3 Day Private Tour Of Ephesus And Pamukkale From Izmir
Our 3-day private tour of Ephesus and Pamukkale from Izmir starts with our representatives picking you up from the Izmir ADB Airport or Izmir Hotels.
After travelling to Kusadasi in our luxurious vehicles, you will have the chance to explore Kusadasi and rest for your first day.
On the second day, we start our journey early and head to Hierapolis and Pamukkale. Pamukkale is the centre of the natural thermal spring waters with its healing properties. Due to its chemical properties of the water, with pure white coloured travertines and stepped water terraces been created on the mountain slope. It resemblances a pile of white cotton that is why it is called 'Cotton Castle' of in the Turkish language.
Visit Pamukkale and the old city of Hierapolis which has the most significant Nekropol with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia. The sacred pool also is the highlight of the site — their shallow thermal waters ripples over an unusual scattering of ancient Roman ruins that lie beneath.
After the tour of Pamukkale, you return your hotel in Kusadasi.
The next and final day includes a tour of The House Of Virgin Mary, Ephesus and The Ancient Temple Of Artemis. On this day you will visit o the Shrine of Virgin Mary and the House where Mary spent her last days, arriving here with Saint John after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Tour the tiny house, add an 'intention' (wish) on the sacred wall collect some Holy Water from the fountain or light some candles for your loved ones.
Start to walk down into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. While on this route you get to see the exclusive area of the Terrace Houses, with remains of the homes of the wealthy people of the time.
The theatre of Ephesus is one of the city’s best-preserved monuments and is still in use today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people and believed to be the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians.
- Two night stay in 4-Star Hotels.
- Pick up from the Izmir ADB Airport or Hotels.
- Explore Hierapolis with visits to the Bath and Basilica, Frontinius Gate, Frontinius Street, Latrina, Northern Byzantine Gate, Fountain of the Tritons and the Temple of Apollon.
- For an extra admission fee, go for a swim in the Cleopatra Antique Thermal Pool
- Visit the vast and well-preserved Theatre.
- Enjoy the view from the Travertines as well as relaxing in the white calcium pools.
- Visit the holy place which is the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceRound Trip Transfer From Izmir Hotels and Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- All Inclusive Tour.
- Hotel Accomadation Fees.
- Traditional Turkish Lunch.
- Round Trip Transfers In Luxurious Vehicles.
- Private Licenced Tour Guide.
- Entrance Fees.
- Personal Expenses.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Cleopatra Pool Entrance Fee.
- Terrace Houses Entrance Fee.
Day 1 Pick up from any hotel or Izmir ADB Airport (depending on arrival time) 1-hour journey to Kusadasi Accommodation in Kusadasi overnight
Day 2 Departure time from the 4-star hotel: 08.00 Your Pamukkale day tour begins with a visit to the red springs in the nearby village of Karahayit. We then enter Hierapolis from the North Gate, visiting the Necropolis, Bath and Basilica, Frontinius Gate, Frontinius Street, Latrina, Northern Byzantine Gate, Fountain of the Tritons and the Temple of Apollon. You will have time to swim in the Cleopatra Antique Thermal Pool (admission fee extra) we finish the Hierapolis portion of the tour with a visit to the large and well-preserved theatre, and then we drive to Kusadası. Estimated hotel arrival time: 20.00
Day 3 Its Departure time from your 4-star hotel: The tour kicks off at the House of the Virgin Mary. Then continues to Ephesus, visiting the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the five terraces of the Apartment House, the Steam Baths of Scholastica, the Temple of Hadrian and the impressive Library of Celsus.
The library is adorned with columns and statues and is considered one of the most magnificent ruins not only in the city but also in the ancient world. The Grand Theatre, where St. Paul preached, is the most significant theatre in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats.
You return to your car through the Arcadian Way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession. The Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World is also a must see.
After the tour of Ephesus, we drop you off at the arranged address whether its a hotel in Izmir or Kusadasi or Izmir ADB Airport at the arranged time.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Comfortable footwear is strongly recommended.
- As it will be very hot in the summer days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you.
- Appropriate clothing is important when entering holy places.
- During the summer months use sun protection.