Travel With The Locals on a Mediterranean & Western Anatolia Tour
Travelling is not only about visiting some place and taking photos. It's more about experiencing the local culture, the local food, learning more about the lifestyle of local people! When travelling on this tour, you meet, eat and talk with the locals giving you the fantastic travel experience.
This is more than an ordinary tour itinerary. It has everything!
5 daily cruises on small paradise bays, Rafting in Köprülü Canyon, Walking in Sakl? Kent Canyon, Exploring Ephesus, Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Bergama, Troy and Gallipoli. This is a smart program, offering rich content, accommodations and meals.
There are no English guiding services between Antalya and Ku?adas? as the southern part of the program consists of daily boat cruising, walking, hiking, or having free time.
You will take part in a Turkish group, join the activities and our guide who also talks English will give you brief instructions concerning where to meet, where to eat etc.
The program will give you the chance to connect easily with Turkish people who travel with you. Although a lot of Turkish people speaks English, it is an entirely different experience.
In Ku?adas?, you will leave our Turkish group and will join our English speaking only groups to visit ancient cities such as Ephesus, Pamukkale and so on.
- Explore the city of Antalya including the beautiful Duden Waterfalls
- Go on an adventure with a rafting activity in the Köprülü Kanyon River
- Enjoy a wonderful cruise to Simena, a sunken city dating back to the 2nd century
- 3days of cruising seeing stunning landscape in Bodrum, Fethiye and Gökova Gulf
- Head to Selçuk to visit the small mountain village of ?irince and try the local wine
- Explore Ephesus and the temple of Artemis one of the ancient wonders of the world
- See the pure white travertines at Pamukkale and the ruins of Hierapolis
- Explore the impressive temples of Pergamum and visit Troy, home of the famous Trojan Horse
- Visit one of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey: WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 13 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available May to October 2020
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or meeting point in Istanbul
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All accommodation
- English Assistance between Day 1 to Day 8 (No English speaking guide during visits. self guided)
- English Speaking Guide between day 08 - 12
- Meals that are stated in the itinerary
- All transfers
- Entrance fees to the museums which are mentioned in the program
- Rafting in Köprülü Kanyon
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Optional excursions
Be collected from your hotel or meeting point in Istanbul and transfer to our tour bus at around 10:00 pm.
Itinerary: İstanbul – Pamukova (173 km) - Kütahya (172 km) – Afyon ( 98 km) – Antalya (290 km) Beşkonak (80km)
Overnight: Bus Distance Total: 813km Short Break in Afyon.
You will arrive in the morning in Antalya and visit the old city centre of Antalya (Kaleiçi Area).
Visit Düden Waterfalls and then transfer to your hotel for some free time at leisure.
Today you will go on an adventure with a rafting activity where our instructor will first train you before riding in the Köprülü Kanyon River.
The activity will last approx 3 hours, including walking and swimming breaks.
Today is the day of many activities: We will start with a wonderful cruise to Simena, a sunken city dating back to the 2nd century.
In the afternoon take a nice walk through Saklıkent Kanyonu.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, we will head to Fethiye Marina to take our boat to do a full day cruise between 12 Islands including Şövalye Adası, Kızılada, Göcek Bays.
Today you will have a full day cruise around Gökova Gulf where Yeşil Deniz, Zeytinli Koy, İnce Kum, Lacivert Koy, Sedir Adası will be the visiting points.
Today have a full day cruise around Bodrum visiting Akvaryum Koyu, Bağla Koyu, Kargı(Deve Plajı), Adaboğazı, Dalgıç Koyu or Lady Beach
After breakfast, we will head to Selçuk to visit the small mountain village of Şirince where you will have some free time in the village.
In the afternoon, we will leave the group and continue to Kuşadası.
Visit the ancient Ephesus city with Hadrian Temple, Celsius Library, theatre and the marble streets as well as the terrace houses reflecting the life of Roman citizens.
After lunch, visit the Artemis Temple, one of the ancient Seven Wonders.
Enjoy breakfast and then head to Pamukkale, also known as Cotton Castle; not only for cotton agriculture in the region but also for the white colour that dominates the site.
Pamukkale, though Turkey’s most famous attraction by numbers, is barely known outside its country borders with its sweeping limestone cliffs of a blinding white hue rise above pools of powder blue and petrified stakes of limestone hang from chalky roots.
After having visited Pamukkale, we will also visit Hierapolis (Both sites are UNESCO World Heritage Sites) world largest Necropolis, exceptional theatre and more.
This morning you will step back in time as we will visit the magnificent acropolis of Pergamum's Acropolis which has impressive temples and a library which made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Then we will continue north to visit Troy Antique City, home of the famous Trojan Horse. Continue to Çanakkale for a photo-stop at the wooden Trojan Horse used in the movie Troy.
After breakfast, we will cross the Dardanelles by ferry-boat and visit one of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey: WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston's Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
Continue to Istanbul for an overnight stay.
Enjoy breakfast and then have some free time until check out time.
Transfer to the airport or a central location in Istanbul.
it is a possibility to extend your stay in several city centre hotels or extend it with a short visit to Cappadocia.
- Apply sun protection as it can get very hot especially in high season
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and footwear when on the tours
- On days 1-8 there is English speaking guide as is self guided