Private Safari: Wasgamuwa National Park
Discover the opulence of flora and fauna in the dry tropical forest setting, overlooking the stunning landscape of the park.
Enjoy a Wasgamuwa safari ride filling your lungs with the refreshing air of the pristine wilderness and listening to the symphony of crickets and birds.
Rest assuring you the sights of mighty elephants in a Wasgamuwa safari ride; the national park is also a home for a diverse of mammals including leopard, sloth bear, purple-faced langur monkey, wild boar, sambar, spotted deer, buffalo, and endemic yellow fronted barbet. Small water pools scattered, throughout the national park are rich habitats for a diversity of aquatic life including water monitor, crocodile, python and various beautiful aquatic birds.
This provides the wildlife-lovers with clear sights of wildlife around the pools, offering them a world of opportunities to snap your cameras for clear shots to take home. The ideal time to visit the park is from November to May, which guarantees you large herds of elephants. For those who are planning to explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and Dambulla, an exciting and adventurous safari ride to Wasgamuwa national park is an ‘absolute must’. Plan your Wasgamuwa safari with us and enjoy a hassle-free safari with our experienced drivers.
- Enjoy a wildlife safari
- See the wild elephants
- Go bird watching
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will collect you from the park gates of Wasgamuwa National Park or from your hotel in Wasgamuwa.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All taxes and service charges
- Experienced Driver (Also your tracker)
- 4x4 Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep)
- Pickup/Dropoff from/to any location not within a 5 KM radius of the Park Gate. (Upon request)
- Guides (Subject to availability at the time of entering the park)
- Standard Local Breakfast (LKR 500) and Standard Local Lunch (LKR 800) can be arranged upon request (24 hours prior).
- Personal expenses
- Please include your pick-up details when making your booking.